suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest part of this whole process judge is watching my walls crumble before me and knowing what is happening is intentionally being done and my union is aware of everything and was actually rubbing it in my face during the meeting by acting like a 10 yr old with the head of human resources. It was done just to rub salt in my wounds. I took it like a man and thanked them all afterwards and shook there hands and left and they probably all giggled together. I wanted to say to my union rep who was a career service man himself that the difference between you and my father is my dad would never turn his back on the guys he was suppose to be fighting for. To see this guy do what he did and have no problem looking at himself in the mirror is beyond me. Judge i will do what my dad would want and that is fight for what is right and after overcoming it with victory to tell each one to there face. Now i quit on my terms and never ever would i want to be part of a company that treats not only employees but human beings like they do. I always believed in things happen for a reason and usually find them sooner or later and am sure someday this will also be the case. i have a appointment tomorrow with a labor lawyer and am gonna fight until i lose or win. I thank you Judge for your understanding of my situation and replying with words of encouragement rather then making it seem worse. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel :) Time to lace up the army boots lol Tell the misses to keep her prayers coming. lol

I can assure you, my wife and her little old ladies prayer group have added you to their list.
Those ladies are some serious prayer warriors, absent the face paint and army boots! LOL
Hang in there, these things take time.
But, your positive attitude will become infectious, and you want your attorney to catch this disease, OPTIMISM!

For the first time in my life i filed for unemployment!!!! started working a paper route at age 12 on my bike with the basket on the handle bars and 2 back baskets on the sides od the rear wheels. Graduated to McDonald's at age 16. Work in Construction full time while working part time at night and at age 30 took a 10 an hour job that i held until yesterday. Now am filing for unemployment. Bet your bottom dollar my company deny's that from me. Hey you never knew all you need is a little bit of luck :) Oh yea just bought my first lottery ticket for tonight lol Am smiling and have some ideas of where my life is headed from changing course. Hey i can get a lawn mower and start my own business :) I live in a community where know one cuts there own grass so maybe i'll under price a few neighbors and still small and work my way up like i always have. Lol just getting the judge to smile and appreciate the out look am taking. Your the reason people come here Judge... Cause i dam well wouldn'r be posting if you weren't offering your wisdom and knowledge.

Mr. Judge glad your online. lol Maybe you'll make sleeping for me tonight a little better lol do you know anything about premium pay in your weekly paycheck? if so let me know and i'll reply with my question. :)

For the first time in my life i filed for unemployment!!!! started working a paper route at age 12 on my bike with the basket on the handle bars and 2 back baskets on the sides od the rear wheels. Graduated to McDonald's at age 16. Work in Construction full time while working part time at night and at age 30 took a 10 an hour job that i held until yesterday. Now am filing for unemployment. Bet your bottom dollar my company deny's that from me. Hey you never knew all you need is a little bit of luck :) Oh yea just bought my first lottery ticket for tonight lol Am smiling and have some ideas of where my life is headed from changing course. Hey i can get a lawn mower and start my own business :) I live in a community where know one cuts there own grass so maybe i'll under price a few neighbors and still small and work my way up like i always have. Lol just getting the judge to smile and appreciate the out look am taking. Your the reason people come here Judge... Cause i dam well wouldn'r be posting if you weren't offering your wisdom and knowledge.

That's the spirit, buddy.
Hang in there, that unemployment insurance, if they give it to you - you darn sure earned.
UI isn't welfare, its something you and the employer fund, much like social security and mediscare.
Time for you to start collecting what they owe you, friend.
That's one reason I retired early, wanted to make sure I get it all back and then some. LOL

Good Morning AJ. i spent hours going threw all my old pay stubs last night and found about 15 weeks that they didn't pay me a premium for those weeks. I usually get about 6 dollars a week. My question is who is responsibility is it to make sure i get it. So is that a way for me to say how can you fire me for stealing time when you been stealing from me? Looking for a loophole lol The others here will shake there head but i know you will appreciate my hard work lol

Good Morning AJ. i spent hours going threw all my old pay stubs last night and found about 15 weeks that they didn't pay me a premium for those weeks. I usually get about 6 dollars a week. My question is who is responsibility is it to make sure i get it. So is that a way for me to say how can you fire me for stealing time when you been stealing from me? Looking for a loophole lol The others here will shake there head but i know you will appreciate my hard work lol

That might be a god get, oz.
it's probably a violation of the CBA.
If you were cheated, they've probably cheated dozens of other union members, too.
You can discuss it with your attorney, or any union rep you still TRUST.
Or, take it up directly with payroll.

Heading to my attorney now! Funny thing is judge they stapled another employees paystub to mine because i get direct deposit and on her paystub they never paid her a premium for the entire year. lol not concerned with her for now but am sure she'll wanna know they owe her some premium back pay. Am hoping its enough for me to get a grievance meeting because i know my union is gonna say sorry his boss didnt think we have enough to win. And if i tell him about this then they will make it disappear somehow. See my dad is still with me :)

I'll Let you know after i see my Lawyer... Got enough info to feel better that they been ripping me and others off for a long time. i have paystubs from 2011 :)

Heading to my attorney now! Funny thing is judge they stapled another employees paystub to mine because i get direct deposit and on her paystub they never paid her a premium for the entire year. lol not concerned with her for now but am sure she'll wanna know they owe her some premium back pay. Am hoping its enough for me to get a grievance meeting because i know my union is gonna say sorry his boss didnt think we have enough to win. And if i tell him about this then they will make it disappear somehow. See my dad is still with me :)

This is how you pursue these things, heads down research.
You never know what you'll discover if you look for it intently, relentlessly, and seriously.
Good get, I bet they've cheated you guys out of millions.
These are the sanctimonious thugs who deride mistakes made by the little guy, no compassion just judgmental self righteousness, all the while they're robbing the little guy and the investors blind.

Last edited:
Thanks Judge I know i didn't do anything to get fired for so am not just accepting it. My dad taught me to fight so that's what am doing for me and him God Bless America ....

I don't know what kind of premium you are talking about but I would do as army judge suggested & talk to a lawyer or possibly a union rep.

For the record, the employer does not award UI nor decide who gets it. That is totally up to the state. Getting it does not mean you were terminated illegally or that your employer did anything wrong. It just means that you came to be unemployed for a reason which does not exclude you from being able to collect benefits.

If you were due a premium, that would be a union contract issue. You may or may not be able to collect it 4 years later. Since you are seeing a lawyer, take a copy of your CBA and or the policy regarding the premium pay with you when you meet.

The attorney i spoke to yesterday advised me to file 2 grievances with my union. One for being terminated and one for the premium pay. I went to the union hall afterwards and spoke to a union boss who said i have an appointment Monday to discuss the case and see if it warrants to go forward. I didn't file a Grievance while i was there. My wuestion is do i have to file a grievance on Monday while at the meeting just in case they tell me i didn't have enough to warrant a judge to view the case. I know my 30 days are coming up shortly and then i won't be able to fight the termination with my own lawyer. Second thing my union boss said when i presented her with the premium pay i never received in some paychecks her reply was there gonna say your only bringing this up now because i got fired. I said well they fired me for stealing time but they been stealing money from me for awhile. Do the union have the right to deny me filing grievances for matters that i want to file them for? The lawyer i went to see yesterday told me to file both of those grievances so should i file the 2 on Monday when i talk with a union lawyer?

I didn't retain the lawyer i spoke with yesterday because he said i had to file 2 grievances with the union so i went to the union hall and got my cba book and the union rep i spoke to said they were setting up a appointment with the union attorney to discuss if we have a case or not. My question is do i still need to file the grievances so when the union tells me there not gonna pursue the grievance because they feel we can't win, i'll still be able to argue the case with my own private lawyer. I know the union is just going through the process that they have to in order to cover themselves from me bringing a lawsuit against them. What i was shown at the meeting that i was told i was terminated didn't warrant just cause to fire me. I know my union will do whatever the company tells them to. If you don't believe that then you aren't gonna be able to help me here. There was no proff what so ever showing on video that i was stealing time. In fact i have 2 employees who said i was doing what i said i was doing and that's pushing carts outside and the outside cameras would prove that but they never showed the cameras outside or did my union rep request to see the video from outside.

I'd do as the attorney suggested. Time seems to be of the essence. File the G as suggested by the A. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back