Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!
- Ask a legal question to our community of lawyers, judges and members
- Read useful answers to frequent legal questions in The Law Guide
- Read or contribute to the latest legal news in The Law Journal
- Find a lawyer near you in the Lawyer Directory
- If you need to hire an attorney, get a case review from a lawyer!
- Downloading or sharing legal forms and law outlines
Employment & Labor Law
Law, regulations, requirements, case law and policy regarding the workplace, employers, employees and independent contractors. Hiring & firing, background checks, wages, discrimination, harassment, disability, benefits, workers comp and ERISA.
Work related legal matters including hiring & background checks, problems at work like discrimination, harassment & disability based on gender and race, including FMLA & medical leave, compensation, wages and overtime including the federal minimum wage, firing and termination.
Discussion of issues concerning Human Resources departments and professionals
Legal issues concerning "freelance" jobs or private contractors - work performed by someone who is not an employee. Also includes artists, musicians, renovators, designers and craftsmen.
Eligibility and requirements for unemployment benefits, how to apply, denial of benefits, duration, extension.
Injuries caused in or suffered as a result of the workplace, workman's compensation law, how to file a claim, qualification, disputes and awards.