Mental Health Thread #6 - Post your "news" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before there was cable, people who wanted to watch TV always found something to watch.

We didn't even have a t.v. until I was 8 years old (the first big news events I remember seeing coverage of was when JFK was assassinated. Yikes, that makes me feel old!) At that time, there were only two channels available here but we still managed to find things to watch...I think at first we probably sat and watched the "test pattern" just because of the novelty of having t.v.! :)

I grew up in the town wherein was founded the first cable network in North America. It was the 50's and early 60's and we were 60 miles from the nearest big city, but we had television!

I was 10 when we got our first TV. We watched everything & anything.

I was 10 when we got our first TV. We watched everything & anything.

I hear ya! Another thing I remember from when we got our first t.v. was that it was a rare treat if I got to stay up late enough to see them sign off for the night (remember when they actually did that?) They always played the national anthem. Back then, we got two t.v. channels, one American & one Canadian, and consequently I know O Canada almost as well as I do the Star-Spangled Banner!

Yes, I remember them signing off for the night. We got our first color TV when I was in high school & only a few programs were in color. Shoot, we didn't get a phone until I was out of school & working.

Not only did they play the national anthem, they had a prayer ( gasp).
I hear ya! Another thing I remember from when we got our first t.v. was that it was a rare treat if I got to stay up late enough to see them sign off for the night (remember when they actually did that?) They always played the national anthem. Back then, we got two t.v. channels, one American & one Canadian, and consequently I know O Canada almost as well as I do the Star-Spangled Banner!

The kids messed up yesterday so they got grounded from going outside to play with friends. It was more of a punishment for ourselves.

I can also - non-member pages.

The kids messed up yesterday so they got grounded from going outside to play with friends. It was more of a punishment for ourselves.

Reminds me of the time recently when I told my two granddaughters that if they didn't stop acting up, they weren't going to get to come over for their overnight at my house that weekend. My daughter-in-law said "You do realize if you don't allow them to come over, you're punishing me more than you are them, don't you?!"

Reminds me of the time recently when I told my two granddaughters that if they didn't stop acting up, they weren't going to get to come over for their overnight at my house that weekend. My daughter-in-law said "You do realize if you don't allow them to come over, you're punishing me more than you are them, don't you?!"

Depends what happens at home if they are not allowed outside or to visit Grandma.

Did anyone see the full Blood Moon & Mars above it? The moon was beautiful! 2:57am cst near St. Louis, Mo.

Too cloudy here. It was a gorgeous and sunny 86 on Sunday. Today, cold and rainy and the s word is in the forecast. Mother Nature needs to take her meds. Got drenched coming into work and I am still damp. It was coming down really hard and was super windy so even my rain coat and umbrella were of little use.

It was warm here over the weekend also & cold/windy yesterday & currently 40 degrees.

My DH told his grandson,"If you don't behave in school the rest of this week, I'm not taking you camping this weekend, you'll have to stay with Granny." Granny said, "Oh I don't think so!"

Poured rain yesterday and was windy and cold. Last night it snowed. Yes, snowed. I was not amused. It is chilly today but at least the sun is out. Really hoping this weather straightens out as I don't want to have to try an dfind an Easter dress that matches my snow boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back