Mental Health Thread #6 - Post your "news" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only had 3 little ones, so we had seperate areas. The 5yr old thought he wanted to go with the big kids. I pointed out that if he went with the big kids he probably wouldn't get very many eggs. He was then fine with being classified as a little kid.

We only had 3 little ones, so we had seperate areas. The 5yr old thought he wanted to go with the big kids. I pointed out that if he went with the big kids he probably wouldn't get very many eggs. He was then fine with being classified as a little kid.

That's pretty cute. We only had the two girls (6 and almost 9) hunting eggs and my DIL told them that there were 42 eggs so they each could get 21. So we had to stop and have an egg count from time to time.

When the older kids were still participating in the egg hunts they'd hide some in much more difficult places for them to find and then tell them if they found the easy ones, to leave them for the little kids. Their yard is huge and full of lots of trees and bushes so they could put stuff up higher that the little girls would never see and that worked great.

There's still one egg missing from yesterday, if it's got candy in it then probably one of the dogs will find it at some point.

Also works to assign the kids colors to look for. Like the littles have to find all the red, yellow and blue ones while the big kids have to find the green, purple and orange. Easier than having multiple hunts and still fair for the younger kids. It also makes it easier to have different prizes that are age appropriate. I always put less candy in the eggs for the toddler set and do stickers and things.

Never thought about different colors. We did very litle candy in their baskets.We did toys and stickers.

I didn't have any little ones to hide eggs for. :(

The VA recently decided that my father in laws injuries did in fact originate from his time of service and told him he would be getting a monthly benefit. Ok cool!
Then they sent him a check for back pay for all these years. :)

Wow - that's great! ................

Well, darn it, I wish I'd known....I took Friday off but had I known it was an actual occasion, I would have celebrated! Not sure how I'd celebrate World Penguin Day, we don't have a zoo here or anything where I could see a real one but maybe I could have watched penguin videos or something. (At least it didn't snow on Penguin Day.)

You can even name it. :) .............

This Does Not Bode Well for the Rest of the day

1. out of coffee!!
2. newspaper ended up underneath the car in the driveway Got pants dirty retrieving it.
3. Had a flat on the way to work. Big tear, air pump didn't help so had to put the "donut spare" on arrived at work a hour late and $200 poorer. Also sweaty ( at least the tire store had coffee)
4. new batch of compliance stuff on my desk when I arrive.
If we had Mental Health Days.. I'd take one.

I hope the rest of your day is going better.

That morning would have made me ill. Cough, cough. But then I don't have time to be sick. The month of April beat our previous all-time record sales month by 25%. From where we were a few years ago, we are at double.
Our CPA is here this week to audit last year. The factory is coming to audit next week. The state is coming to audit the following week.

Besides all the other hassles of an audit, I don't have an extra desk and computer that just sits there waiting for an auditor to use.

I'm not as young as when I was working but sometimes I'm really, really glad I'm retired.

I'm supposed to be on vacation that was planned a year ago the last week of May and dreading it. As of June 1, the person in my office with the most seniority will be a temp who was hired in October. We will also be 2 people down, plus lose all of our interns. If I felt I could cancel, I so would.

Yikes. It's going to be a while before I'll be able to take any vacation. But we have a pool so we'll just try to make the most of our weekends, and maybe by the fall...

V-v-va-cation? What's that! I hear it's some sort of entitlement program.

Betty, my day did get...well, more interesting yesterday after my last post. My boss asked me for a copy of our severance agreement saying she wanted to check the wording. Hmmmm let's see I've done every severance agreement in the last six years, including those for officers. I wonder who this one is for? Anyone got any cardboard boxes I can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back