Mental Health Thread #4 -- Fall/Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, things were different back then in more ways than one!

Anybody have any big Thanksgiving plans? We're having it at our house again this year, so I'm taking next week off to get ready. There's ten of us and our house is small so it takes a bit of wrangling to have room to set up the table(s) so we can all sit down to eat together. I like doing it at our place, though, and the important part is that we'll all be together and stuffed with turkey and all the trimmings and then we play games or watch holiday movies so it's always a good time. We even manage to get the teenagers (and 30-somethings, too, truth be told) off their phones or other electronic devices long enough to get them to participate in other activities, which is a plus!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Hello again all. It has been a while since I was here last. My old log-in stopped working and I just got around to re-registering. As for Turkey Day, I am Boston bound. Can't wait!

My Thanksgiving will be quiet - might just be my one brother & myself though possibly both brothers & my sister-in-law. Great nephew was coming up from Ar. but doesn't look like it now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope mine is quiet. Kid's Mama is not working so we should be kid free for the day.Probably have to go eat at the in-laws. They do not play games or watch holiday movies. They sit around and smoke and talk in Spanish. We try to eat and run.

This is my best friend's (some of you may remember her from the old AHI board as Maven) first Thanksgiving (for that matter, first major holiday) since her husband died, so we are gathering as many people as possible to keep her busy and occupied. Anyone want to come to Boston for Thanksgiving?

Bad news means this could very well be my father in law's last Thanksgiving so we are making it the best we can.

I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for your father-in-law & the rest of the family. I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving.

This is my best friend's (some of you may remember her from the old AHI board as Maven) first Thanksgiving (for that matter, first major holiday) since her husband died, so we are gathering as many people as possible to keep her busy and occupied. Anyone want to come to Boston for Thanksgiving?

I'm glad "Maven" has lots of friends (including you) & family to spend Thanksgiving with her - that certainly helps.

The countdown to Boston continues. 36 hours from now I will be on my way. Not that I am keeping track or anything.

Of course every year my father in law says it could be his last holiday, just to lay the guilt trip on. But we never know. I certainly never thought last Christmas would be the last one with my nephew.

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Hanukkah (I have seen this spelled different ways) as the case may be. Those of you who work, how many days do you get off for the holiday? When I was working, we got 4 days off - Thurs. through Sunday. It was nice not having to go back to work the Friday after Thanksgiving. I worked for a life ins. co.

This organization gives Wed.-Thurs.-Fri. off. So that's 5 days in a row. We normally get the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's off too (excuse me, that's End-of-Year-Winter-Break). This year the boss is kicking in another day since she figured no one would get anything done on the 23 anyway.

We get Friday off. That's all. I've never worked anywhere that was different. It's typically a very slow day.
Christmas we normally get to leave early, but it's play it by ear.

If Christmas Eve was a normal work day (a week day), we got off early & then we got off Christmas - that was it.

That's the way it was when I worked for a retail chain. The corporate office staff was expected to work if the stores were open, and they only closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas days.

The offices are closed Thursday and Friday but it sounds like it will be a ghost town around here tomorrow.

I'm taking tomorrow off and then we're off both Thursday and Friday, so I have a five day weekend. Halleluiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back