Mental Health Thread #4 -- Fall/Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty3

Since we have over 200 replies in the last mental health thread, I will start a new one. What do you all think about fall/winter. Fall is ok with me but I could do without winter.

Feel free to post about any topic & what is going on in your life........

PS - Go Cards!!

My Cards are off today but cbg's Red Sox play tonight. Our teams might meet in the W.S. What baseball/football teams do you all root for during the season?

You know my baseball team. Football - I could give two hoots. Football could disappear from the face of the earth entirely and I would neither notice nor care.

My winter game is hockey. Go Bruins!

cbg, great come back win for Boston yesterday evening.

My Steelers won - away from home! And for an added bonus, the Ravens lost...at home. Hee hee hee!

(And the Patriots pulled off the most exciting final minute I've seen in absolutely ages. My daughters weren't impressed since they're Saints fans...but that was a truly exciting last minute and the Pats won)

Love,

Troy Polamalu's biggest fan :D

Now, if my boys can just pull that off three more times - we're golden.

Good luck tonight, Betty.

Pro & cbg, glad your teams won yesterday. Thanks for the good luck to the Cards tonight, cbg.

I tell you post season games sure are stressful! (though exciting) I think I am usually more stressed out than the players & actually it's better that way for the players.

Those are great, ferret!

I think I've seen every one of them at least once. My personal least favorite is the "nervous twitcher". I remember one employee who came to talk to me about a warning he'd received and although I offered him a chair, he insisted on standing up and he paced back and forth in front of my desk clicking a ballpoint pen. About ten minutes in, I was ready to leap over the desk, shove him into the chair, and take away his pen! He didn't really have much to say and I kept trying to wrap it up, but he stayed, pacing & clicking, for over an HOUR. :eek:

Going through that whole drama three more times will require some help with mental health... wow. Incredible ending.

That's for true. My husband, who is the kind of Red Sox fan immortalized in the movie "Fever Pitch" is already complaining about the stress factor.

And speaking of the weather. I first lived just outside of Philly - cold winters and humid summers.

Then I lived in Fargo. Believe it or not, it's both hotter AND colder in Fargo. During the winter you start thinking that 0 degrees is t-shirt weather!

Now I'm on the west coast, closer to the Canadian border than Seattle, and the weather is much more Pro-friendly. It's rather like England :D

Happy Columbus Day, everyone. Also, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving (cbg, Pro & anyone else who "celebrates" it).

Happy Columbus Day, everyone. Also, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving (cbg, Pro & anyone else who "celebrates" it).

We are one of a number of banks I know who do not close for Columbus Day. The Federal Reserve is closed, but for us it's business as usual. I had to laugh when I overheard my assistant having a phone discussion with a vendor who was insisting "But all the banks are closed today!" while she kept telling him "no, they aren't....look at our name, we are a BANK, and we are definitely open!" I think she finally got it across to him that there was no reason not to send us the file we were requesting, because really, honestly, we are here and working today.

Last week an employee asked if we were closed for Columbus Day. I need a good laugh. I won't go into detail about what's going on in my life, but will say prayers are much needed for my family. And the cabin in the mountains that we have reserved for 3 days is a much, much needed get-a-way.

txls, you definitely got the prayers for you & your family.

Experiencing several people having "payroll deduction remorse" after purchasing several optional insurance policies. I can only imagine you folks who have thousands of people.

Experiencing several people having "payroll deduction remorse" after purchasing several optional insurance policies. I can only imagine you folks who have thousands of people.

I've always been grateful that we only have 145 employees when something like that happens. I remember one woman who signed up for life insurance, filled out all the enrollment forms including evidence of insurability, and after the first premium was deducted, decided she wanted to cancel. I told her she couldn't because it was a pre-tax deduction under our Section 125 POP. Then she told me that when she filled out the paperwork, she didn't know she was actually signing up. I asked what she'd thought she was filling out, after determining coverage amounts, naming beneficiaries, and even getting her husband's signature on one form, and she insisted that she'd filled out the forms accidentally. They ended up allowing us to cancel due to an "administrative error". The only error involved was the fact that she didn't pay attention to how much the premiums were going to be!

You're going to have to be more careful on those "administrative errors." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back