Mental Health Thread #4 -- Fall/Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
We generally have quite a few kids - some years close to 100. I bought quite a lot of candy (my brother or I haven't ate any - yet anyway) so I hope we get a lot of kids. The thing is we are having rain today also - might have some storms. I'm retired so I can't take any extra candy to work.

We only got a little drizzle. We had two kids; both middle schoolers. DH was very disappointed - he likes seeing the little kids in their costumes. He hasn't stopped grumbling yet.

We got half of the # we usually get - believe due to weather; rain & then turned colder & windy. It's 8:40pm cst now - doubt we will get many (if any more). We have over half the candy I bought left. I always plan for 100 & then even buy extra just in case. My brother & I love the little kids too - they are so darn cute. I think I will eat a Kit Kat bar. :)

We only got a few trick or treaters last night, a couple before we left to take my granddaughter out and four more after we got home. We had fun and the weather wasn't bad, just one rain shower when we first went out and then it was nice.

I always get a kick out of all the little kids in their costumes. We were walking up the hill into one neighborhood and there was the cutest little girl about 2 years old dressed as a pirate and she kept saying "Arrrrr" in this perfect little pirate voice. It was totally adorable! My granddaughters were a vampire and a police officer...the vampire was more concerned with looking cute than being scary, but her costume was great and got lots of compliments. The police officer was thrilled to have a set of toy handcuffs and kept trying to arrest people. I was just glad she didn't have a toy nightstick or there probably would have been some police brutality!

Dang! - every time we have to change our clocks forward or back, I always forget how to do my car clock & have to get out the instruction manual.

Dang! - every time we have to change our clocks forward or back, I always forget how to do my car clock & have to get out the instruction manual.

We have to do the same thing every time, too! My husband thought he remembered and just started pushing buttons and messed up the satellite radio so I had to dig out the book. It's really simple, I don't know why we can't remember it! :confused:

It's not important enough to take up space in your head. :)

Gosh, I wish that was true of everything that truly wasn't important....I always have song lyrics, ad jingles, movie quotes, and other totally unimportant stuff rattling around in there that I wish would just go away already! :)

I used to work with a guy that claimed your mind was a bucket. It has a finite capacity and once it's full, in order to put something new in you have to take something else out.

I used to work with a guy that claimed your mind was a bucket. It has a finite capacity and once it's full, in order to put something new in you have to take something else out.

If it were easy to take something out, I've got lots of things I'd be happy to get rid of. But other things that I should remember (like my everyday one...did I unplug my straightening iron before we left for work?!) just don't stick. A friend of mine says that's because part of your brain is made of Teflon so some things just slide right out!

Open Enrollment starts tomorrow. We have just under 18,000 benefits eligible employees.

That is all.

I hope you're stocked up supplies. You know like, chocolate and alcohol, valium, etc.

Day two of "motherhood". Child is still stick. Very thankful for Grandma and Aunt Tanya. Has the real mother called to check on her sick child? Nope.

cbg & txls, you both have my sympathy. :(

It's hearbreaking when a child is talking about her Christmas wish list and says " I know what I wish for, a better life." Well , we're gonna do everything we can to fulfill that wish. However, we can't get Daddy out of jail, and we can't make her mother be a better mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back