Mental Health Thread #3 - Any vacations planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be expensive buying for all these nephews & nieces at Christmas - maybe we better just send cards. :)

We have a special needs goggy who doesn't like thunder much - but she's okay for the most part.

Sending woofs and licks from Angelbear Slobberchops Puddin'head.

:D

Tell Angel, Scoopy & Maggie Aunt Betty said hi.

(Though granted, Scoopy might sometimes want to take out someone's eye. She is, I believe, focusing on Baltimore right now... heeheehee!)

Scoopy likes her Auntie Cathie though! She'll even let me play feather toy with her! (Though she has not yet reached the point where I can pet her.)

I let Proserpina pet her for me. :)

I think that's wise. For all of us. Scoopy has sharp things on the ends of her paws and she knows how to use them.

Maggie, on the other hand, is a cuddle bug. In my current FB profile pic, that's Maggie in my lap.

It seems like they are so different from one another. Angel seems like a sweetie.

That she is! She will lick you half to death before you get through the door!

LOL, at least she is friendly. All dogs aren't.

The Cardinals had 5 players selected to the All Star Game - most in National League. Starters Molina & Beltran --- others, Matt Carpenter, Allen Craig & pitcher Adam Wainwright.

Just got back from taking a week off. I attended my 40-year high school reunion....I am just not old enough to have been out of school that long! It was interesting, we had some classmates who must've led really rough lives because they look a good 10 or 15 years older than they actually are, and a couple who I swear haven't changed at all since high school. It was fun, but I stayed up too late for several nights so I was exhausted (I find that if I stay out past 10 p.m. that's way too late for me anymore!)

We've also been dealing with our dog who is terrified of fireworks. We have one neighbor who insists on shooting off fireworks for a good week after the 4th and the poor dog is a nervous wreck. We tried a Thundershirt for her a couple of years ago but she hated it and it didn't really work for her. Poor girl, she usually feels safest in her crate but when there are fireworks she refuses to go in there. She tries to crawl into the tightest corner she can find (hard to do for a 95-pound dog) and wants to stick really close to us. She's not allowed on the couch and most certainly isn't a lap dog, but she really wants to be when there's fireworks!

Poor doggie. We have neighbors that still shot them off last night. We'll see tonight. My dog is scared of them also but a thunder shirt seems to help. Mine is scared of thunder also.

Good to see you!

(Marilyn wanted me to remind you that there's a standing invitation for Thanksgiving with your name on it.)

Hi Elle. Glad to see you back on this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back