Mental Health Thread #3 - Any vacations planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversation with sls mgr.Me: You know a lot of these summaries are not being done right, so it's a complete waste of time and paper for ya'll to print them and make copies for everyone. Him: Yea I know, but RB just always re-did them for us. Me: 1. That's ridiculous and 2. RB ain't here no more.

Isn't work fun! Glad I'm retired. :)

Well for now "our kids" are going to their mother, who according to her probation officer is doing all the right things. We did get regular visitation rights and we will be checking up. If she is sincere and does the right thing for them, then that's wonderful. But we are sceptical.

If mom has a probation officer she has no business having kids. Sorry, but I wish someone with common sense would look at "best interest of the child" and not just "passably acceptable and at best not outright horrible" for the child.

I agree that sometimes best interest of the child really isn't best interest of the child. (or so it seems)

I'm trying to win an argument on another forum and my googlefu isn't working this morning...does anyone have a good source for proving that there is no such thing as an illegal question? You can find every source in the world with the misinformation that there is.

Spare me from people who think they know my priorities better than I do.
Spare me from people who ask me what to do, I tell them exactly what to do, and 5 minutes later they are asking someone else.

Spare me from people who ask me what to do, I tell them exactly what to do, and 5 minutes later they are asking someone else.

They are getting a 2nd opinion - it's just like getting a 2nd opinion from another doctor or lawyer. :)

When I'm her boss, and she's been working here 3 months as a part time courier, she doesn't need a 2nd opinion. Just do what I told you. The person you are now asking is on a payroll deadline and doesn't have time for you to be bothering her. Of course I told her that in a much nicer way. This time.

When I'm her boss, and she's been working here 3 months as a part time courier, she doesn't need a 2nd opinion. Just do what I told you. The person you are now asking is on a payroll deadline and doesn't have time for you to be bothering her. Of course I told her that in a much nicer way. This time.

Agree, I was just teasing with you. :)

I thought you probably did but just wanted to be sure. :)

I have a couple of people who often think they're being helpful when they're really not. "But what if, or how about, or why can't we..." I don't want to discourage the helpfulness, so I bite my tongue a lot when I really just want to yell "just shut up and do what I say!" Phew, okay got that out of my system for today.

I hear you! Glad you got that out of your system. :)

Happy 4th of July everyone - have fun but be safe! Does anyone have a dog(s) that are scared of fireworks?

Mine is scared also of fireworks & thunder. He also has a thunder shirt. (I almost typed undershirt.)

He seems to be ok with it - it seems to help too.

Is the nephew puppy my nephew too who has two sister kittens who are our nieces & live out west or is this a different puppy.

No, this is the nephew puppy who lives near me and whose Dad is disabled and whose Mom you know.

Though the niece puppy who is your niece too and who has two sister kittens out west also has a thunder shirt.

We have several furry nieces and nephews in common!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back