My soon to be husband want to adopt son with bio father not on birth certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayf1004

I am getting married next month. My soon to be husband wants to adopt my 1 yr old son and he is not the biological father. His bio father is not on the birth certificate and has never done a parterinty and i know he is the father. I was trying to see if i would need an attorney to getthis adoption done and what all iwould have to do. My fiancee is in the military so it would need to be done rarely fast.

I am getting married next month. My soon to be husband wants to adopt my 1 yr old son and he is not the biological father. His bio father is not on the birth certificate and has never done a parterinty and i know he is the father. I was trying to see if i would need an attorney to getthis adoption done and what all iwould have to do. My fiancee is in the military so it would need to be done rarely fast.

Google adoption, your state.

Adoptions aren't fast, most are costly.

Charming.//////////

(Just a minor point - there is no statutory requirement for them to be married for X amount of time)

stepparent adoption laws vary by state. In her case, I don't think you will need the biofather to give up his rights. He has abandoned his son. When this is the case The judge can rule that he doesnt even need to be notified. I would suggest you have a consultation with a family law lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back