Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!
- Ask a legal question to our community of lawyers, judges and members
- Read useful answers to frequent legal questions in The Law Guide
- Read or contribute to the latest legal news in The Law Journal
- Find a lawyer near you in the Lawyer Directory
- If you need to hire an attorney, get a case review from a lawyer!
- Downloading or sharing legal forms and law outlines
Family Law, Divorce & Children
Law covering family matters including premarital issues, engagement, marriage, name change, divorce, separation, children, child support and custody, alimony, domestic violence, restraining orders, child neglect, abuse and juvenile crime.
Legal matters concerning children: Child support and child custody, visitation, adoption, child neglect and abuse, paternity, DNA tests, emancipation and adoption.
The process of terminating a marriage, annulments, legal separation that may be required prior to a divorce decree, alimony and spousal support, division of property and mediation.
Legal issues arising from engagements and living together, how to legally formalize a marriage, name changes, guardianship and disability, Elder Law and also domestic violence and restraining orders.