Moving for job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singlemama

I have just been offered a job that would mean moving about 6 hours away. Its three times my current income plus unbelievable benefits. I have not taken it yet because I dont now how it will affect my sons visitation with his dad. He currently gets him every other week. I know my son would not go on this schedule anymore so how would it change? Also, I know I would have to go to court to move but what are the chances they say no... you can't move?

In a nutshell you would be responsible for the expenses incured for the visitaiton since you are initiating the move. This is something that you are going to have to run by your ex-husband and the court. The court is probably going to tell you that if you move, you may have to alter the custody agreement so that the father has more time, but a lot of this you have to work out with him.

Your best bet is to try to get dad to agree and be prepared to be generous in your offer. Just because you have a better job does not mean you get to move the child. The courts are going to look at extended family in the current area as well. If Dad does not agree to the move you have to go to court.

Dad will not agree... thats for sure. It would be an understatement to say we do not get along. The only thing that may possibly make him consider it would be that his support would be reduced greatly. I am prepared for it to go to court and to pay transportation costs to bring my son home home for visits. As for other family here all I have is my mother with the rest of my family scattered around the country and my ex has no family at all here.

You have to prove the move is in the child's best interest. Nobody can predict your chances of being granted the move.

I am prepared for it to go to court and to pay transportation costs to bring my son home home for visits. As for other family here all I have is my mother with the rest of my family scattered around the country and my ex has no family at all here.

Why are you posting on another persons thread? Are you a spammer just trying to "sneak" in a advertisement?????

Are singlemama and rangs987 the same person?

I have no idea who rangs987 is and I dont see that name anywhere in this thread other than in BayState's quote......I'm confused....

A spammer posted on your thread in such a manner that it made us think it was you posting under a new name. Don't worry about it...The spammer was booted from the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back