Mental Health Thread #10-Fall is Coming

I do it all too and instead of telling people to ask payroll, I would tell them "you will get them when they're done no later than the deadline".

I've worked for my share of small companies, including some where my job description read the same as you're talking about. But somehow, for only one of them did I do Payroll. Everywhere else, even if I did Benefits/HR/administration/buy the TP/change the copier toner, someone else did the payroll. Odd, now that I think about it.

Where I am now is huge and we're not even in the same building as the folk who do the W-2s.

I think we're jinxed or something. Out of a 5 person staff, one is out on medical leave, one left today, for probably the rest of the week with family members ill out of state,
and one has an out of town funeral tomorrow.

Anyone have any significant snow yet? We have only had more or less a dusting where I live - generally would have had more.

We had about 3 inches or so but we're expecting a big blast over the weekend.

Out of a seven member team, three have called in sick today so I feel txls's pain.

I'm glad I'm retired - don't have to battle the snow or coworkers being out. :)

We've had basically no measurable snow, at least in the part of town I live in. One area had a couple of inches but it didn't stick around very long. We actually could use MORE snow...the snowpack on the mountains (which melts & runs into the lakes where we get our water) is quite low for the second year in a row. I don't, however, want a Snowmaggedon! :)

When you tell someone "put these papers in date order," and she comes back with "I separated them by bank, then put them in date order," WHAT IS THAT ABOUT???

We just got our first "significant" snow (more than a dusting) - 4 inches. I prefer none but I can handle 4 inches.

I heard on the news that Boston area shouldn't get a lot but Maryland (Baltimore area definitely) is predicted to get a lot. (18-24 inches possible) Yikes!! Be safe, Elle.

Anyone want to go play in the snow? I'm ready for spring!

Who else has put out their health insurance 1095-Cs yet? How many employees came up to you without even opening the envelope, and asked "Why did I get another W2?" before you put up a snarky sign?

Who else has put out their health insurance 1095-Cs yet? How many employees came up to you without even opening the envelope, and asked "Why did I get another W2?" before you put up a snarky sign?

Keep a record of their stupid questions and make them a part of their performance review.

Back