Mental Health Thread #10-Fall is Coming

Betty3

Since our other mental health thread now has over 200 posts, I am starting a new thread. Is anyone looking forward to fall/winter?

Looking forward to cooler weather and maybe a weekend getaway, but it always seems like summer goes so quickly and we haven't had enough pool time.

The weather is always to my liking in the Texas Hill Country.
Not much to see here in autumn, as the colors aren't as radiant as they are throughout the East, the Rockies, and Midwest.
However, autumn brings football back, the World Series, new television programs, and two of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm excited to experience the fall/winter seasons in my new house. It's only about a mile from my old house, but the old house is in a valley and the new one is up on a hill and I didn't realize how differently the weather can affect the different parts of town. We've got an amazing 180-degree view of the ocean and mountains from the living room so I'm looking forward to looking at that view once some of the leaves start turning and the mountains start getting snow on them. And our place will be great fun to decorate for Christmas....we have a fireplace, which I've never had before, so we can actually hang our stockings on the mantle! :)

Absolutely not looking forward to winter. Last winter was horrendous and this winter doesn't promise to be much better. A more accurate word would be, dreading.

Can we come to your house?

I want to visit also - sounds like a beautiful view.

I don't generally mind fall but I can do w/o the winter weather.

Absolutely not looking forward to winter. Last winter was horrendous and this winter doesn't promise to be much better. A more accurate word would be, dreading.
How I felt after Snowmageddon a few years ago. I still haven't recovered.

Can we come to your house?
Sure! It's a nice big house, I could probably accommodate a few visitors! :)
I want to visit also - sounds like a beautiful view.

I don't generally mind fall but I can do w/o the winter weather.
We do have a fantastic view. I lived in the same neighborhood, about a block away, for the first 13 years of my life but as a child I didn't appreciate the beauty of the area nearly as much as I do now. And I don't particularly want to see any winter weather on the ground here, I just want to be able to enjoy looking at the snow on the mountain peaks across the bay...as long as it stays up there, I'm good!

Yep - I enjoy knowing I don't have to get up & go to work in bad weather.

I just love it when somebody expects me to give them something that I don't have.
If only I could figure out how to do that.

I just love it when somebody expects me to give them something that I don't have.

Unfortunately, most of those who make those absurd demands expect you to obtain whatever they demand at YOUR expense, because "Hey, its my right, dude, and I demand my rights!"

Find it, get it - whatever it takes. :)

Well it was a packet of documents and information for a specific vehicle situation that I had spent about 30 minutes to put together and gave to his co-worker. Well his co-worker stayed home with a sick kid and he couldn't find it. He came to me twice and I told him "I gave it to C already. I DON'T HAVE IT!" And I was not going to spend another 30 minutes doing it again because he didn't want to look for it, or call C at home.

Well it was a packet of documents and information for a specific vehicle situation that I had spent about 30 minutes to put together and gave to his co-worker. Well his co-worker stayed home with a sick kid and he couldn't find it. He came to me twice and I told him "I gave it to C already. I DON'T HAVE IT!" And I was not going to spend another 30 minutes doing it again because he didn't want to look for it, or call C at home.

I agree - I wouldn't either. I was just teasing with you. :)

So wonderful when someone who has plenty, plenty of work at her own desk disappears for 30 minutes because she decided to work on something that is a)so not her job and b)so not a high priority.

Back