Mental Health - The Penguin Has Landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the advantages of working for a school or university - the time you get off.

I work for a school but I have a traditional 260 day a year schedule. I did have Monday off though.

Like txls, we only get the 6 major holidays. The good thing about working on a holiday everyone else has off, the commute is wonderful and quick.

I'm sitting here waiting for a winter storm to come in - they said it should be here in about an hour. (Snow with sleet and/or freezing rain)

Best of luck to you, Betty! I hadn't realized until tonight that the storm was going to reach far enough north to reach you.

Yep, we're fine though - not bad considering what you got. No loss of power for us or anything. Some areas did lose power. We got just some sleet & about 6 inches of snow. Where Bill/Sharon live, they got quite a bit of ice - I hate ice. They are further south.

I figured Bill and Sharon would get it, and Jane too. I agree - I'd rather have snow than ice.

I "think" Jane is in Kansas City - heard parts of KC got 12 inches of snow.

Good grief, I must be spending too much time on the computer/forums. I woke up during the night from a dream where I was reading posts in a legal thread. I then fell back to sleep. However, for the life of me, this morning I can't remember what the thread was about - I could when I first woke up from it. I can't remember if any of you replied to it or not.
:)

An actual correct makes sense answer? - Way to go! However, you must be spending too much time on the computer/forums also. :)

I have the cure for too much forum time: Puppies! Go to Explore.org scroll down and and click on the picture of the black and white spotted puppy. Those cuties were born Saturday night and will be trained as service dogs. If that's not a mental health break, I don't know what is.

They should just change the rules on unemployment so we would know not to waste our time fighting claims. Because apparently if you do work incorrectly and you are told to go back and do it right, you can refuse, get fired for refusing and it is not misconduct. Grrrrrrr.

Depends on your state. In mine, refusing a reasonable request like that would disqualify you...most of the time...with most hearing officers...

Anyone having sticker shock at the gas pumps lately? Paying 3.56 in Central Jersey

Right now it's $4.19 here (southeast Alaska) and that's down from a high of $4.25. My DH works for a fuel distributor and can get an employee discount when he fills up the car at work but even with the discount I think we still pay around $3.75.

We've been bouncing all over the place from about 3.29 to 3.69 for a while now. But then my employer pays for my gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back