Mental Health - The Penguin Has Landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbg & her husband went to a hotel after work yesterday - found out today they have power & heat at home. :) They will stay at the hotel today & then go back home tomorrow.

The power and heat just came on this morning. For a fun time I recommend packing for an undetermined time by flashlight, and if you really want a fun time try packing for someone else (my husband) for an undetermined time by flashlight. Logistically it's just easier for us to stay at the hotel for a second night tonight - by the time either of us could have gotten there to pack up our things we'd have been past the point where they'd charge us for tonight anyway. So we're going to stay where we are tonight and let the house warm up, and then check out tomorrow when we leave for work.

Pro and Betty and Elle and anyone else who knows her (some of you AHI folk know her as Maven) - Marilyn just called me; they also have power and heat as of today.

Glad to hear Marilyn is well. I saw some of the early reports from her town on TV and it didn't look pretty.

Three different employees have told me today that they never want my job. I'm going to play the optimist and call it job security.

Whew...cuz...I've been thinking about you and Marilyn. Glad all is good. I have a friend that just moved outside of Boston and she's been sharing pictures on facebook...All I can say is BURRRRRRRR!

It wasn't pretty, Elle. I think I've told you and probably Pro and Betty too - any nor'easter hits her town head on. They made the movie, The Perfect Storm, about a Gloucester boat but it could just have easily been made here.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ♥

Anyone call off a cruise they were planning on taking......... :)

I hear you! That was a real bummer for the passengers.

As an office manager, I never thought I would use my musical training. However, I have one person who answers the phone which is about 25% of her duties. She's really good at the other 75% but has a really flat, nasal monotone voice. The boss hates it. I've got to find some way to fix that so I'm trying using the musical scale to demonstrate. So in over 30 years of working in bookkeeping I do believe it's the first time I ever sang to someone as a training tool. La, la, la,la, la ,la :)

Too funny, txls! We have one of those in our office and the supervisor really worked with her a lot to help her with her phone voice, but I don't think she ever thought of using singing as a training tool! :D

Those of you who are working, do you get a 3 day weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back