Mental Health - The Penguin Has Landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into football either. I might be more into the SB if the Rams were playing since their our home team. Therefore, the commentary it is!

OK...changed jobs...and get 'cases' now....Just got one that said 'She now has 11 personalities and the one speaking is "***". ummm what was I thinking????..me not them..um...wowser...

By the way...I may be on the East Coast but the NINER's have been my team since 1973..yep,,,,, I'm older than dirt but GO NINER'S! :) About time you got back into the game! My East Coast team..Redskins of course. I'm pretty ticked that that RG3 was 'played'. They should have respected his injury.

Good luck to your team!

I actually watched the game this year. Be shocked. Watched the aftermath on the local channels as well. Very glad my sister was not working last night. Downtown Baltimore was insane and the masses decided to celebrate by climbing on top of the news trucks and dancing on them. At least interviewin the hung over fans is safer. My poor sister, who likes football about as much as I do, has been reporting on the Ravens all fall and especially the past two weeks.

Glad your sister was "safe", Elle.

I'm glad to hear that you're alright in Baltimore. It has been quite a year for baseball and football excitement in your city. Nobody thought that the Orioles would even win 50% of their games (although Buck Showalter seems to have some magic touch and insight as manager everywhere he goes.) The Ravens were practically done until one poor play and good throw at the most critical time reversed fortunes. Now there is excitement!

At our game (hosted by a childhood friend consisting of about 14 men watching the Super Bowl on a 60" TV, armed with a six foot hero and enough snacks to take down a small village) there were wagers that someone in San Francisco or Las Vegas paid a bribe to turn off the lights. :) We didn't have time to stay post game and see how the natives would celebrate the victory in Baltimore. Perhaps the most ironic of all is that the "celebration" a few years ago for the Giants in Times Square, New York City (which I witnesses while changing trains to get to my apartment) was far more tame than anything I've seen in other cities. Perhaps it was pure shock of beating the New England Patriots. At no time was I worried about violence. People were just dancing in the street and even those driving cars were having some fun, honking horns, etc. Go figure, glad you're fine night of and enjoy the parade!

there were wagers that someone in San Francisco or Las Vegas paid a bribe to turn off the lights. :)

My husband said the same thing. He joked that it was either that or Beyonce's half time show fried something in the electrical system, which from what I read in one article this morning, may have been partially true.

Can you imagine what would have happened if San Francisco had ended up winning after that?!

You want after sports wins celebrations? Boston, October 27, 2004. 'Nuff said.

Glad your sister made it through okay, Elle.

Great celebrations in October in St. Louis after the 2006 & 2011 WS wins in St. Louis. My brother & I were at the games. We didn't think we would ever get home. (traffic, people in the streets......) Loved every minute though.

2-5-1993 -- 20 years ago President Bill Clinton signed the FMLA into law.

Whoa! - I hear a "probable" historic blizzard will hit New England with lots of snow Friday & Saturday.

PS to above: Everyone in the New England area be safe from the snow & high winds. cbg I know you're Boston & thelawprofessor New York. I can't think of who all else is in the storm's path & I don't know where some of you live.

PS to above: Everyone in the New England area be safe from the snow & high winds. cbg I know you're Boston & thelawprofessor New York. I can't think of who all else is in the storm's path & I don't know where some of you live.
Thank you. At about 3pm today my phone went ballistic emitting this high pitched, piercing screech. I was trying to figure out what on earth was going on and hoped that I didn't distract and annoy people within a 3 block radius. It was my weather app letting me (and everyone else) know about this "record setting" storm that was supposed to come our way. Fortunately I already have 3 boxes of bottled water in my apartment, plenty of food - a flashlight, batteries, candles and a standard battery operated radio (the result of 9/11) - and two battery pack chargers for the phone and tablet. We are ready, lol. :D Thank you for your well wishes and the same to all of you, especially cbg. And to my friends in Cali... well... enjoy the beach. :D

Good for you for being prepared. I'm sure cbg is & I hope everyone else in the storm's way.

PS - Everyone who has a pet or pets please be sure they are warm & safe.

Last edited:
Thank you. At about 3pm today my phone went ballistic emitting this high pitched, piercing screech. I was trying to figure out what on earth was going on and hoped that I didn't distract and annoy people within a 3 block radius. It was my weather app letting me (and everyone else) know about this "record setting" storm that was supposed to come our way. Fortunately I already have 3 boxes of bottled water in my apartment, plenty of food - a flashlight, batteries, candles and a standard battery operated radio (the result of 9/11) - and two battery pack chargers for the phone and tablet. We are ready, lol. :D Thank you for your well wishes and the same to all of you, especially cbg. And to my friends in Cali... well... enjoy the beach. :D

God speed and protect all of you as the cold, white stuff falls down on you. The northeast certainly has received its share of weather disasters these last few months. Stay warm, my friend. ☁❄⛄

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back