LOOONG story, but first, 1 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryconfused

I'm a cook in a restaurant and I'm under contract. They made me paint the dining area but my contract says I can only do things kitchen-related.

Can I do something about this?

Say no if you feel your contract has been violated. But if you like your job remind them in a nice way...........Just don't lose your job and regret.

the thing is, this restaurant doesn't actually hold my contract. i was brought to the united states by an agency saying that they'll get me a job in a high class establishment (which is far, far far far far far far faaaar from true) so the agency is the one that holds my contract.

i talked to the restaurant manager and he said that he talked to someone at the agency and she said that it was okay that i painted. when i got home, i checked my contract and there, it said i was only to do kitchen-related activities.

can i sue them for breach of contract? or is this nothing?

the thing is, this restaurant doesn't actually hold my contract. i was brought to the united states by an agency saying that they'll get me a job in a high class establishment (which is far, far far far far far far faaaar from true) so the agency is the one that holds my contract.

i talked to the restaurant manager and he said that he talked to someone at the agency and she said that it was okay that i painted. when i got home, i checked my contract and there, it said i was only to do kitchen-related activities.

can i sue them for breach of contract? or is this nothing?
Take the contract to a lawyer,no one can tell you what your contract rights are without reviewing the contract.

will do. my family knows a lot of people in law, but they weren't taught under american law, so i'll be posting again.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back