Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI How Do I Seal My Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraydeuce

I have 3 DUI's, and 2 serving alcohol to a minor charges (I was caught in a bar sting both times) on my record. Is it possible to seal these records? I have a degree in the medical field, and I am having a tough time finding a job.

Thank you for your time and advice.

I have 3 DUI's, and 2 serving alcohol to a minor charges (I was caught in a bar sting both times) on my record. Is it possible to seal these records? I have a degree in the medical field, and I am having a tough time finding a job.

Thank you for your time and advice.

You neglected to list your jurisdiction so your question can't be answered.

It does vary by State.

From what I know, some States may have it as a law that employers can only go back so far to see if there was a crime.

As far as sealing goes, I doubt any state will let you "seal" your entire record.

I would also say that the fact that you are a repeat offender will kill any chance you have of getting your record sealed, if it was possible in the first place.

what tpajet says is true, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the DUIs. Most states have elevated sentencing, like 1 DUI = 90 days, 2 DUI = 1 year 3DUI = 1-5 year felony.

Well, not only that, but she's a repeat offender on more than one crime. She's a repeat DUI AND a repeat offender for serving underage. For that matter she admits both of those were in bar raids.

To the original poster - sorry, but that record is there to stay. After a few years of being clean it should get easier to find a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back