File Motion in Contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom1822

I obtained a judgment against my daughter's father requiring him to return her personal belongings but he has yet to do. I tried filing a motion for contempt, but I didn't follow the correct procedure for filing this type of motion. What do I need to do to get my daughter's belongings back to her?

I obtained a judgment against my daughter's father requiring him to return her personal belongings but he has yet to do. I tried filing a motion for contempt, but I didn't follow the correct procedure for filing this type of motion. What do I need to do to get my daughter's belongings back to her?

Refile, using the correct motion.

Go to your county's website - many in Kansas have forms and instructions online.

I get that I need to refile. What I don't know is the procedure to file a motion in contempt. There are no forms for contempt online. What I'm asking is what are the specific procedures for filing a contempt motion in family court in Kansas? I need specifics, please.

ArmyJudge--
Your not very helpful. I have stated that I already checked online and there is nothing about motion in contempt. Also I indicated in my post that this is family court, not small claims.
Thanks for trying, but I'm really looking for an answer to my specific question.

you may want to see if they offer free/inexpensive services down at the courthouse. I know where I live in Florida for $15 you can meet an attorney at the courthouse library for certain cases so you may want to check that out and good luck!

you may want to see if they offer free/inexpensive services down at the courthouse. I know where I live in Florida for $15 you can meet an attorney at the courthouse library for certain cases so you may want to check that out and good luck!

And yet OP is not in Florida.:rolleyes:

i've lived in 3 different states and they all have some kind of free/low cost legal help so I would suggest asking at the courthouse or try legal aid.

And yet, that's not what you said.

Again.

yes I did..and dont bother to respnd because you are on ignore list. I'm trying to help someone out and I am getting stalked by one person and getting rude answers from another.
to the OP if the rudeness has not driven you off I would say ask at the courthouse to see about legal aid/reduced help and best of luck!

Don't know guys, this doesn't seem to be a bad suggestion. In general, litigants who try to appear "pro se" or do it on their own are supposed to have better assistance from the county clerk. It doesn't always turn out that way (they may say "get an attorney") although it's worth a try.

Now here's a thought - did the court say what was done incorrectly? If so, I'm with Army Judge - now that you know the procedural error, do it right this time. Court procedure is very difficult to learn using the books, even though it should be simple in theory.

Here is something I found from Kansas. It seems like it could be very useful:
Shawnee County (Kansas) Family Law Guidelines

It was apparently prepared by the Topeka Bar Association Family Law Association. That might be a good start.

Here is the Kansas Judicial Branch Rules and Procedures
You should be able to find your answers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back