Custody of my brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrowell21

My mom is willing to give me custody of my 17 year old brother (who has been living with me since thanksgiving last year). But what about his dad? he pays child support but is not allowed to see him, does he have to sign custody over too?

My mom is willing to give me custody of my 17 year old brother (who has been living with me since thanksgiving last year). But what about his dad? he pays child support but is not allowed to see him, does he have to sign custody over too?

The kid is lucky to have such a loving and caring sister.

God bless you, lady!

That sounds like a great idea.

But, its better for you to keep things the way they are.

He'll be an adult in fewer than 12 months.

Just keep doing what you've been doing, just being a loving sister.

Things like this have a way of splattering all over you.

You're free to pursue custody, but I'd just keep being the Good Samaritan.

You never know when these situations can turn sour!

Goodness gracious me - did I miss the part where the OP stated their gender?!

His dad was very abusive to all of us when we lived together. And I am his sister!!!!

irish223 said:
Quite right! There was absolutely no indication of gender until OP's second post. Interesting....

After many years of practicing law and sitting on the bench, you gain an insight to nuances that others miss.

This one was easy.

Statistically, women are more likely to take on parenting roles for their siblings at a rate of about 8 to 1.

If you concentrate on a writer's phrasing and style, it's possible to make an educated guess about their gender at least 75% of the time.

After many years of practicing law and sitting on the bench, you gain an insight to nuances that others miss.

This one was easy.

Statistically, women are more likely to take on parenting roles for their siblings at a rate of about 8 to 1.

If you concentrate on a writer's phrasing and style, it's possible to make an educated guess about their gender at least 75% of the time.

Soooo..."Practicing" law and being a "Judge" gives you magical powers to determine the sex of a person on the internet? Wow. Cool. And here I thought that actual facts were relevant in determining an outcome.

BayState said:
Soooo..."Practicing" law and being a "Judge" gives you magical powers to determine the sex of a person on the internet? Wow. Cool. And here I thought that actual facts were relevant in determining an outcome.

Those are nothing.
I walk on water, change water into wine, make blind people see, but my best trick is raising the dead.

You're a tad envious aren't you?

Don't even think about it!

The Romans tried it once, and He rose from the dead.

Those are nothing.
I walk on water, change water into wine, make blind people see, but my best trick is raising the dead.

How interesting, yet not surprising.

Last edited:
Those are nothing.

Spurt! there goes my Sam Adams. :p

Quoted for prosperity.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back