custody of chid from grandparetns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe, the grandparents do not know how to get online and ask questions, and maybe she is investigating other options so she can share with her grandparents. Maybe?

Then maybe there is a chance you are colorblind when looking up in to the sky. I tend to keep focused on what's in front of me and keep my head out of the clouds.

Maybe, just maybe, the grandparents do not know how to get online and ask questions, and maybe she is investigating other options so she can share with her grandparents. Maybe?

If her grandparents can't manage to research their options, they have no business - WHATSOEVER - trying to obtain custody of a child. Don't you think they would have contacted an attorney? or at least attempted to do so?

Now you, fauxcindy, need to back off and do one of two things. Please, either start your own thread, or quit posting to this one. You are NOT helping the OP.

You are doing nothing to help.

I know you from other legal boards, don't I? Your style, and your story, sound very very familiar.

Then maybe there is a chance you are colorblind when looking up in to the sky. I tend to keep focused on what's in front of me and keep my head out of the clouds.

No, you are focused on your own agenda.

Very simply.

Never generalize about anything or anyone.

We could all give anecdotal testimony about any manner if things.

Children are not persons under our law. Only persons have standing before a court. Parents or guardians exercise that standing for their charges.

If a child is being harmed, they can always contact the police or tell the school authorities. In this case, I suggest the child in jeopardy apprise her grandparents of her allegations, tell school officials, or tell the police! She should do any of the above immediately, if not sooner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never generalize about anything or anyone.

We could all give anecdotal testimony about any manner if things.

Children are not persons under our law. Only persons have standing before a court. Parents or guardians exercise that standing for their charges.

If a child is being harmed, they can always contact the police or tell the school authorities. In this case, I suggest the child in jeopardy apprise her grandparents of her allegations, tell school officials, or tell the police! She should do any of the above immediately, if not sooner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP was advised to do this much, much earlier. Unfortunately, someone else managed to turn this into a runaway thread.

OP received the correct legal advice long ago.

I have had custody for 3 years now. The father was in jail 10/09 for domestic violence for the 6th time against the 4th woman he has lived with. He cut my daughters face with a butcher's knife because of jealousy. My daughter is heavily into drugs and has been to rehab twice. I am here because I know how bad it can be, especially on the children. I have experienced first hand, and you?

I have had custody for 3 years now. The father was in jail 10/09 for domestic violence for the 6th time against the 4th woman he has lived with. He cut my daughters face with a butcher's knife because of jealousy. My daughter is heavily into drugs and has been to rehab twice. I am here because I know how bad it can be, especially on the children. I have experienced first hand, and you?

There is NO evidence of abuse in this original poster's situation.

Why aren't you getting that? :confused:

There. Is. No. Evidence.

Why do you KEEP insisting that YOUR situation is relevant? Really?

Why are you angry because I told of another way to go. I at all times if the grandparents agreed, they might try their courthouse for emergency custody. There is a hearing for all parties. The child's safety is 1st and foremost. If the allegations are not true, I'm sure justice will be served. If they are true, the child is at least safe until the hearing and the matter is decided by a judge.

Is she suppose to video her life and bring it to this room for evidence? What is your problem? She asked a question, I simply told her what worked for me and my grandchildren. We proved our case at the hearing underneath the BlueMoon!

Why are you angry because I told of another way to go. I at all times if the grandparents agreed, they might try their courthouse for emergency custody. There is a hearing for all parties. The child's safety is 1st and foremost. If the allegations are not true, I'm sure justice will be served. If they are true, the child is at least safe until the hearing and the matter is decided by a judge.

Oh hon, I'm not angry in the slightest. I've dealt with overstepping grandparents/third parties for quite some time, trust me; I'm a widow, I have a toddler, I have two adult stepchildren. Believe you me, it takes more than an anonymous name on the Internet to anger me. Don't flatter yourself, hon :angel

You are projecting what happened in your situation, onto the OP's situation.

So are you saying you haven't experience drugs and violence 1st hand?

Would you like me to PM you my "basic" life history?

Really?

Holler. I'll be happy to.

On one condition - you explain how YOUR situation is EVEN VAGUELY relevant to that of the OP.

Go for it.

again with nothing but sarcasm from someone who only can hear themselves talking. I have 5 kids and 12 grandkids, I never decided for myself that I wanted to raise 2 of them at my age. They were in a bad and harmful situation. I did what I did because I loved them too much to see them abused. If you do work for CPS, God help us all!

Hon, you really need to advise your grandparents to see an attorney. Not only is third party custody a very difficult and controversial subject, but you really shouldn't be in the middle of this.

If you feel threatened, please call CPS or emergency services.

How is she NOT in the middle of this????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back