can I keep my baby if I hace a cps case open

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm12345

I delivered my daughter dirty for meth I got to take her home with me becuse I agreed to cps services I then stayed clean untill she was 4 months old I gave cps 2 dirty test so she was removed from my home I was ordered to to a residential treatment by the corts befor I could get her back I then relized that I did infaced have a drug problum and I have been clean and sober ever since I compleated my program and then found out I am expecting again I'm now in the processes of geting my little girl back I'm in compliance with cps and I've gotten my visitations to the max unsupervised 3 times a week for 6 hours at a time now I have been put on complet bed rest due to compications with my pregnancy and I have missed a few test so now my worker wants to terminate my rights and put my baby up for adoption I have completed all my sevices I have certificates for parinting. Dei. Cpr. And safe sleep programs I've done I've everything that I can do to prove to the corts and cps that I'm seriously wanting to stay clean and that my sobriety is imprtant to me as well as my kids are. So I'm waiting untill my next court date in 2 weeks to find out if I get my daughter back I've gotten my own place with everything that my children need I've got a new car I'm going to meeting and doing an out patient program as well to help me in my recovery and to stay conected with other clean and sober people but I'm worried if I am going to beable to keep the baby I'm carrying with all this that going on

I delivered my daughter dirty for meth
So, when you delivered SHE tested positive for meth.? Or did YOU test positive for meth.? Or, both?

I got to take her home with me becuse I agreed to cps services I then stayed clean untill she was 4 months old I gave cps 2 dirty test
Wow ... you chose the dope over your child.

so she was removed from my home I was ordered to to a residential treatment by the corts befor I could get her back I then relized that I did infaced have a drug problum and I have been clean and sober ever since I compleated my program
How long have you been clean and sober?

and then found out I am expecting again
Same dad? Is either father in your life? Is either a responsible adult, or are they also users?

I'm now in the processes of geting my little girl back I'm in compliance with cps and I've gotten my visitations to the max unsupervised 3 times a week for 6 hours at a time now I have been put on complet bed rest due to compications with my pregnancy and I have missed a few test so now my worker wants to terminate my rights and put my baby up for adoption
Why did you miss the tests? If you really wanted your child back, you should have made that a priority!

I have completed all my sevices I have certificates for parinting. Dei. Cpr. And safe sleep programs I've done I've everything that I can do to prove to the corts and cps that I'm seriously wanting to stay clean and that my sobriety is imprtant to me as well as my kids are.
They are so important to you, yet you failed to take the required drug tests ... that sort of contradicts your claims.

So I'm waiting untill my next court date in 2 weeks to find out if I get my daughter back I've gotten my own place with everything that my children need I've got a new car
HOW have you gotten these things? Who's paying for them? The state? And for how long?

I'm going to meeting and doing an out patient program as well to help me in my recovery and to stay conected with other clean and sober people but I'm worried if I am going to beable to keep the baby I'm carrying with all this that going on
It is an unfortunate fact of life that many addict moms lose their children before they manage to get their lives straight. It is up to you to prove that you are clean and sober and deserve the children back. That means that you have to leap through the hoops set out for you. Failing to do so will lose you your daughter - and possibly the unborn child as well.

I delivered my daughter dirty for meth I got to take her home with me becuse I agreed to cps services I then stayed clean untill she was 4 months old I gave cps 2 dirty test so she was removed from my home I was ordered to to a residential treatment by the corts befor I could get her back I then relized that I did infaced have a drug problum and I have been clean and sober ever since I compleated my program and then found out I am expecting again I'm now in the processes of geting my little girl back I'm in compliance with cps and I've gotten my visitations to the max unsupervised 3 times a week for 6 hours at a time now I have been put on complet bed rest due to compications with my pregnancy and I have missed a few test so now my worker wants to terminate my rights and put my baby up for adoption I have completed all my sevices I have certificates for parinting. Dei. Cpr. And safe sleep programs I've done I've everything that I can do to prove to the corts and cps that I'm seriously wanting to stay clean and that my sobriety is imprtant to me as well as my kids are. So I'm waiting untill my next court date in 2 weeks to find out if I get my daughter back I've gotten my own place with everything that my children need I've got a new car I'm going to meeting and doing an out patient program as well to help me in my recovery and to stay conected with other clean and sober people but I'm worried if I am going to beable to keep the baby I'm carrying with all this that going on

You'll be okay, just keep working the program.

But, if you don't get the kid back, focus on improving yourself, keep working the program.

The child will be safe, and you have work to do.

You want a better life, your children, and your sobriety; so go earn it.

Please explain why you missed the tests.

Bed-rest does NOT preclude you being able to submit to drug testing.

What REALLY happened?

I think that remaining sober would be the most important step; sobriety is very important in determining if an individual is stable and can sustain a household. I'm not a legal expert, though, if you test positive for an amphetamine while pregnant, I believe that the mother would surely be under suspicion and/or investigation. But on the bright side, you're getting sober and clean.. And once you show that you can maintain that and a stable life, you can always try and request custody hearings. In all honesty, you're in a pretty tricky spot, but it is possible to "jump through hoops" (and get the high score) to prove you are stable enough.

You won't find a lot of luck with a case now, especially if it's very recent. Just gotta wait it out, work the program.. It works, it never fails if you keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back