Wrongfully Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliana89

Okay, my boyfriend had just started his new job about 2 weeks ago. Everything was going good, but last wek on Friday, he had a small altercation with another co-worker. He was working on a construction site and they work with heavy machinery. Well when he was checking the oil on the machine he was going to be driving, the co-worker of his told him that he was gonna beat him up if he didin't get off his machine. Now out there on the job site, they don't have any designated machines. It's basically first come first serve. Well my boyfriend didn't say anything to the man except for "oh, yeah" My boyfriend says he went to the boss man and explained to him what happened and the boss man didn't do anything about the situation. So as my boyfriend was leaving the job site to go to the main office, he was told by the boss man that if he went to the main office to tell the main boss that he didnt want him back out on that job site. So to make this long story short, my boyfriend was told by the big boss in the main office to give him a call this morning to see where he was going to move him, but ended up getting told that he was never told to call and he isnt going to be put anywhere. My question is: Can he sue for being wrongfully fired?

Nope. But he is owed for the hours he worked.
Depending on the size of the company he can take up the issue with personnel/human resources and maybe get someone to intervene.

My question is: Can he sue for being wrongfully fired?

Of course he can sue. He can sue everyone in the entire company, even the person that he had the altercation with over who knows what?

We all have a right to seek redress for our grievances before a court of law.

That's the good news.

The bad news is, he has no case.

He might want to investigate an anger management class.

It helps me keep MY emotions in check.

That way, I avoid altercations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back