Wronful Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

bskolnik13

I Was Wrongfully Terminated From My Job On September 28 For An Attendance Related Issue. It Started Out With Me Being Threatened With Termination For Being " Slow " Which Turned Into Being Sent Home On September 22 For " Insubordination " Which There Was None And Then It Turned Into Being Terminated On September 28 For An Attendance Issue And Then It Turned Into Having My Unemployment Claim Denied For Being " Argumentative " And " Threatening " My Manager Which Is False. This Is 4 Times My Company Has Changed Its Story. What Legal Recourse Do I Have?

Doesn't sound like wrongful termination to me.

Wrongful Termination

So You Are Telling Me I Have No Recourse? Let Me Clarify. I Worked At This Job For 1 Year And 2 Months And All Of Management From The Store Manager On Down New My Transportation Situation And Why I Was Late Getting To Work. I Was Scheduled To Work 10:30 To 6 And The Night Manager Took It Upon Himself To Change My Hours To 9:30 To 6 Knowing It Would Make Me Late For Work. As Far As My Call-ins Are Concerned, I Called In Sick On September 16, Which Was The First Time I Had Called In Sick Since February. I Might Add That Every Single Time That I Called In Sick Was For A Legitimate Reason, Not Just To Take Off A Day From Work. In Fact, There Were Times That I Went In To Work Sick And Told My Supervisor I Was Sick But That I Wasn't Going To Go Home.

It would be much easier to read your posts if you would refrain from capitalizing each word.

No, it is still not a wrongful termination.

Let Me Clarify Things Even Further. I Was Threatened With Termination For Being " Slow ". That Turned Into Me Being Sent Home For " Insubordination " Which There Wasn't Any. Then The Next Thing I Know I Am Being Terminated For An Attendance Issue. Then They Went And Told The Labor Board I Was Fired For Being " Argumentative " And " Threatening " My Manager Which Is Totally Untrue. Still Not Wrongful Termination? Sounds Like Defamation Of Character To Me.

Let me clarify things for you.

A wrongful termination means that a specific law prohibits the employer from firing you for the reason they did. No law prohibits the employer from firing you for attendance reasons. No law prohibits them from firing you for being argumentative and threatening. No law prohibits them from telling you one thing and unemployment another.

It is NOT a wrongful termination. Period.

Nor is it defamation. If it is their opinion that they were argumentative, it is not defamation for them to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back