Work related verbal abuse

M

Missdi513

Jurisdiction
Florida
I work for a major hair company since 10-15. Since being employed I've had my hair pulled by a client, I reported this incident to my supervisor with nothing being said. On 3 occasions I've been verbally cursed @ by a client & reported each situation as well. I was told that's how men like him treat women because of the part of the country where's he's from. I refused to continue to do this mans hair. Is there a legal right that protects an employee like myself in this case.

I work for a major hair company since 10-15. Since being employed I've had my hair pulled by a client, I reported this incident to my supervisor with nothing being said. On 3 occasions I've been verbally cursed @ by a client & reported each situation as well. I was told that's how men like him treat women because of the part of the country where's he's from. I refused to continue to do this mans hair. Is there a legal right that protects an employee like myself in this case.

Oh, yes, there are laws.
However, the easiest, smartest thing to do is find a new place of employment, or open your own salon.

Its obvious your current employer cares more for violent beasts, savage thugs, than they do for human beings.

Back