Witnessed Superiors acting wrong

How or Why

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Witnessed a Captain and Lt at a volunteer firehouse Grab a probationary member and hold him up against a fire truck. forced a noose around his neck, Never tightned it but put around his neck while he was trying to fight them off. Now evryone was laughing even the kid to a point of fear I believe as he was saying why is evryone teaming up on me, ans then said Stop , I dont like this clearly as they continued to get the rope away from him as he was trying to prevent them from doing it and they forced the rope out of his hands which was a noose and put it around his neck. he bent his head trying to prevent them from doing it but they got it on his head as he then continued to say Im scared Im scared Im scared. There is a video of this. I am tired of seeing these officer continue this. The member who had taken a video is scared to show the chief. What should i advise him to do. I told him to show but ???

Why didn't you report these alleged acts of violence and intimidation against these alleged savages?

By all means, if you have PROOF, report these violent beasts.

What are the laws about this? Will I get retaliation. There is a crystal clear video of this. It happened a couple of weeks ago. The actions of these officers have ben that of over empowerment and its their way or the highway. It has gotten to the point of they yelled at me on a scene in front of about 20 other members at which point I yelled back as I won't tolerate it. It has gotten to this point now that it is obvious it won't stop. Is now why I am pushing for this video to be shown to the chief. But I am worried will he get in trouble or face retaliation from others. Is this considered a whistleblower. It is a Town ran volunteer fire dept. Does the town have liability of this?

What are the laws about this? Will I get retaliation. There is a crystal clear video of this. It happened a couple of weeks ago. The actions of these officers have ben that of over empowerment and its their way or the highway. It has gotten to the point of they yelled at me on a scene in front of about 20 other members at which point I yelled back as I won't tolerate it. It has gotten to this point now that it is obvious it won't stop. Is now why I am pushing for this video to be shown to the chief. But I am worried will he get in trouble or face retaliation from others. Is this considered a whistleblower. It is a Town ran volunteer fire dept. Does the town have liability of this?

I don't know if you're protected for revealing a potential crime, as regards this case.

You can talk to a NJ licensed lawyer about it.

As far as the video, that's easy.
Videoes are leaked to the press, news media, r television stations everyday.
Videos can get posted ANONYMOUSLY,or by a 3rd party, unaffiliated friend, easily.
There are many ways to let this cat out of his bag without you getting scratched or clawed.

Who are you in all this? If in authority over those who did it, of course you need to step up and deal with it. If you are just a random bystander, I'd talk to the guy who was "hurt" and offer to go with him to speak to whomever is in charge. If this guy was laughing along, you might have just stumbled onto a "mutual" prank. I'd take my cue from the "victim". Whether or not any laws or municipal policies were broken is hard to say.

Back