Withheld Visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryankeri

My divorce decree states that I get my children the 2nd half over every summer and the Winter break of odd years. It states that my ex wife must get the children to me and that i must pay for the children's transportation expenses. It also says that if either of us detain or refuse the others visitation rights they are subject to a class d felony. I bought unaccompanied minor tickets(they are of age) and she is refusing to put them on the plane and she will not buy a ticket to accompany them. My question is, do I call the city police or county police or what?

You don't.

You file a motion to show cause.

Hang on - are you saying that you get winter break in the odd years? This is an even year...

I know, just want to know ahead of time so I know what to do. How do I file a motion if I'm in another state?

I know, just want to know ahead of time so I know what to do. How do I file a motion if I'm in another state?

I told you in your other thread.
You hire a lawyer to start the process.
Or, you Google the court,see if you can file it online.
Some courts have documents you can download remotely.
Eventually, you'll have to appear in the state where you filed and make your case before a judge.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Ok next question. Do I get a lawyer where I live or where the children live? I called a lawyer in Nevada to see about getting a consultation and they said to get a lawyer here, but the lawyers here say to get one in NV!

Ok next question. Do I get a lawyer where I live or where the children live? I called a lawyer in Nevada to see about getting a consultation and they said to get a lawyer here, but the lawyers here say to get one in NV!

Hire a lawyer in the state where the custodial parent resides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back