Why is my ADA discrimination case being rejected by employment law firms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous890

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Due to a sudden surge of complaints about my work and timesheet entries only AFTER two new hires in managerial and supervisory positions came on board.

Each would constantly discourage me and refuse to encourage me when I reported an increase in productivity, it was verbally denied by saying: " I can't honor that ". Since the negative speaking was increasing and they refused to assign client projects, my monthly wage was drastically reduced to $9.00 for 1 hr of work for an entire month Subsequently, I saw that I was being constructively discharged from this 501c3 staffed with 100 percent autistics and IDDs employees, therefore forcing me to resign, after 3.5 years, in order to preserve my health since there was no attempt to provide more work, encouragement--only harassment, belittlement, exclusion from staff meetings and additional training.

There's much more, but to keep this post short, I've received a "right to sue" letter from the EEOC and I am approaching the deadline to find legal representation for three-fold ADA/Racial/Faith-Based Discrimination.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Due to a sudden surge of complaints about my work and timesheet entries only AFTER two new hires in managerial and supervisory positions came on board.

Each would constantly discourage me and refuse to encourage me when I reported an increase in productivity, it was verbally denied by saying: " I can't honor that ". Since the negative speaking was increasing and they refused to assign client projects, my monthly wage was drastically reduced to $9.00 for 1 hr of work for an entire month Subsequently, I saw that I was being constructively discharged from this 501c3 staffed with 100 percent autistics and IDDs employees, therefore forcing me to resign, after 3.5 years, in order to preserve my health since there was no attempt to provide more work, encouragement--only harassment, belittlement, exclusion from staff meetings and additional training.

There's much more, but to keep this post short, I've received a "right to sue" letter from the EEOC and I am approaching the deadline to find legal representation for three-fold ADA/Racial/Faith-Based Discrimination.
I would guess why it is being declined by law firms is because they don't see enough merit or damages in this to take it on contingency. Have your tried offering a retainer and to pay for it on an hourly basis?
A right to sue letter, does not mean that you have a viable case, only that the EEOC will not be taking it on your behalf.

Based solely on your post above, I don't see that you have an ADA discrimination case at all. Or, frankly, any other case. That could be why you're not finding any takers.

If there are additional facts that you think would change the answers, by all means provide them.

agree with cbg....nothing you've provided as any detail leads me to believe that there is any case to be made. A claim with the EEOC with a right to sue doesn't mean you have a viable case. Just that they aren't taking up the case on your behalf.

Realize that new managers can have different standards than prior managers. And do performance review differently. There is no legal requirement that they are nice about it or encourage you. If they can prove your productivity decreased and you didn't ask for specific reasonable accommodations (after proving a disability) to help you continue to be as productive as needed, I doubt there is much to be done and suspect that is what the attorneys who have rejected your case have seen.

Because in the end, I suspect this 501c3 who hires people with disabilities knew about your condition/issues and still hired you to give you a chance with already providing reasonable accommodations. And for some reason that hasn't worked out. (p.s I have specific HR experience - but not legal - in this specific field)

Because in the end, I suspect this 501c3...

Just a minor nit to pick but I'm pointing it out because so many people get this wrong. It is a § 501(c)(3) organization because it is Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(3) that describes the charitable organizations that are exempt from tax.

Just a minor nit to pick but I'm pointing it out because so many people get this wrong. It is a § 501(c)(3) organization because it is Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(3) that describes the charitable organizations that are exempt from tax.

Yeah I work for one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back