Which state has jurisdiction custdoy case battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPCE4

I need to know what I need to do to handle my custody situation with my son's father? The original custody order was set in Tennessee and child support originally set in Indiana then amended by MN because my son's father appealed the order. Neither myself or my son have ever lived in MN and now he is trying to make me go to court in MN over custody rights. I have no way of paying to travel there and don't feel that Minnasota has the right over jurishdiction when we have never lived there. What do I do to fight this so I don't recive a default judgement for not coming to that other state?
Both me and my son have lived in Indiana since 2005.

I need to know what I need to do to handle my custody situation with my son's father? The original custody order was set in Tennessee and child support originally set in Indiana then amended by MN because my son's father appealed the order. Neither myself or my son have ever lived in MN and now he is trying to make me go to court in MN over custody rights. I have no way of paying to travel there and don't feel that Minnasota has the right over jurishdiction when we have never lived there. What do I do to fight this so I don't recive a default judgement for not coming to that other state?

You really need an attorney to straighten this out. I don't think MN should have been involved in amending the child support order. Contact an attorney to see if you can appeal the MN order and return jurisdiction to IN.

Did you contest the MN filing based on lack of/improper jurisdiction? Have you domesticated the custody orders to IN??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back