When should I start my new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongshrout

hello, i have worked in california for the last 5 years in the medical field with the main source of business from referrals and word of mouth but i recently quit my job in 3/08. to preface, approximately 1 1/2 years ago i signed a promissory note and in exchange, i would owe the company 1 year, from May 31, 2007 - May 31, 2008, of services after the completion of the program. i quit my job approximately 2 months before the contract was over. Now, i believe i have to pay back the prorated amount of the tuition, but the question is, am i allowed to work for another company, a competitor of my former company, before this is finalized.

thank you

cs

Actually I believe some CA companies ask their employees to sign non compete contracts but thats no point here. You say there is none. So whats your question? If your no longer employed at company A you should be able to start at company B. You really need to take this contract to an Attorney. I am guessing your question is because your still under contract with old company. You might see about reaching an agreement to end contract. I suspect you will be asked to sacrafice something in return for early termination

Last edited:
You are correct - the prorated amount for the tuition is what you have to reimburse the company for (any amounts owed to the company are usually deducted from your last paycheck). As far as working for another company if you didn't sign a non-compete, then you are good to go. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back