What type of lawyer will I need for a lawsuit against a repair shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 118209

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania

Amount $1,505.87
I took some devices to them. It was two laptops and one iPhone 7 for the one laptop. They fixed it
the right way by replacing the screen frame and replacing the motherboard and cleaning it of liquid
damage. For the iPhone 7, they couldn't fix it because they claimed they couldn't fix it because it was water
damage, and they couldn't order the stuff to clean and replace the parts for the other laptop gaming
one. I upgraded components like the hard drive, CPU, GPU, fan, and ram to 16GB, but they
only added 8GB when I got it back. It was still acting up, and when I looked at the back cover, the screws
were missing, and I contacted them about the screws missing. They claim they were already cut, but
that is a lie. I told them my laptop was still acting up, how I bought it for them etc.

No attorney is going to take this type of case. Yours is a small claims matter.

At an average of $300 per hour, a lawyer will cost you more than what you are suing for, and you won't get those fees back.

I suggest a small claim case at your local magistrate court without a lawyer.

Amount $1,505.87
I took some devices to them. It was two laptops and one iPhone 7 for the one laptop. They fixed it
the right way by replacing the screen frame and replacing the motherboard and cleaning it of liquid
damage. For the iPhone 7, they couldn't fix it because they claimed they couldn't fix it because it was water
damage, and they couldn't order the stuff to clean and replace the parts for the other laptop gaming
one. I upgraded components like the hard drive, CPU, GPU, fan, and ram to 16GB, but they
only added 8GB when I got it back. It was still acting up, and when I looked at the back cover, the screws
were missing, and I contacted them about the screws missing. They claim they were already cut, but
that is a lie. I told them my laptop was still acting up, how I bought it for them etc.
Looking closer - are you trying to say that you tried to "upgrade" a broken laptop and it cost you over $1,500? If yes, that's ludicrous. You could have bought a pretty darned decent NEW laptop for that cost and it would perform better than what you've described.

Also, the components you listed cannot (generally) all be upgraded on a laptop.

Something is off.

Looking closer - are you trying to say that you tried to "upgrade" a broken laptop, and it cost you over $1,500? If yes, that's ludicrous. You could have bought a pretty darned decent NEW laptop for that cost, and it would perform better than what you've described.

Also, the components you listed cannot (generally) all be upgraded on a laptop.

Something is off.
They fixed one of the laptops and replaced the keyboard, and for the other laptop, they didn't update the parts to the latest features I request.

At an average of $300 per hour, a lawyer will cost you more than what you are suing for, and you won't get those fees back.

I suggest a small claim case at your local magistrate court without a lawyer.
Will I win the case?

Only for your cost to repair the computer that they messed up.

You got what you paid for on the first one.

Go somewhere else and get the laptop repaired. Pay for it and get a receipt so you know exactly how much to sue for.

Only for your cost to repair the computer that they messed up.

You got what you paid for on the first one.

Go somewhere else and get the laptop repaired. Pay for it and get a receipt, so you know exactly how much to sue for.
I will just sue them for the one laptop and the iPhone or try to sue them for the full amount.

Do you recommend doing a small court or debt collection agency?

Do you recommend doing a small court or debt collection agency?
At this point, there is no "debt" to collect, so a debt collection agency makes zero sense.
This would be a small claims matter.

What type of attorney will I need for an unfair civil action hearing?

What type of attorney will I need for an unfair civil action hearing?

A very skilled attorney wearing very expensive clothing, located in a very prestigious office building.

Plus, your champion will have glowing reviews from other clients, a nice smile, and skilled in the social graces.

What happened?
Yes, I lost it. It was unfair. I didn't have a chance to speak a lot and question the other side. The other person talked a lot, asked me many questions, lied to the judge, and showed the judge fake documents. The judge didn't allow me to speak a lot or didn't allow me to question the other party a lot of questions and didn't think my documents were actual or something, and she was acting funny to me and not to them, etc. She didn't look at my papers like that for a long time, and for his document, she looked at them for a long time, and she didn't question him for a long time like she was asking me. And he claims I signed an agreement not to sue him. I didn't sign a receipt to get my devices back after they got done getting repaired, and he claimed I was suing the wrong person, not him. He claimed he had an LLC not to get sued and showed me the LLC paperwork and showed it to the judge, too. His LLC papers work documents were fake and didn't match his information. When I questioned him, he was making lies up, and he showed an agreement I signed, but I didn't was fake. I thought all document he showed was fake, and the judge didn't want to use the invoices I got from the corporation because she claimed they didn't have his name on them. He showed his receipt from his business, but he didn't show it to me. He says it doesn't have his name on it, and I contact the corporation he is working through. Still, they say they don't own his business, or they can't help me because I have to take everything up with him, and he says I can sue him again or the LLC if I can get ahold of them and then ask the judge to dismiss the case and rule it in his favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back