What do I do?How do I appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olittle

I had a case of sexual harassment in the workplace and was told by a city agency worker to report it to both the city of Chicago and the Dept of Human Rights. The city case was ruled lack of evidence but then later I received an award at the Human Rights Commission. I asked for the Attorney Gen office to help me collect my award. In the meantime time the other side filed res judicata with the Appellate court and the Human Rights comm ruling was overturned.. The Attorney Gen's office filed for Petition for Rehearing from the Appellate court which was denied. The Human Rights Commission then ruled they would not pursue trying to get the ruling reinstated. No one told me about the ruling initially because I was not listed as a party. I was told I have 35 days from March 8th to do something though I am not sure what to do to get the award reinstated. My question is do I need to file several different motions and where do I file them. First should I file to the Human Rights Commission to see if they will reconsider trying to get their ruling reinstated? Next, do I need to file something to amend myself as a party so I can proceed ie a Petition to Intervene and should I file it with the Supreme or Appellate Court? What should I do to get the Human Rights Comm ruling reinstated? Do I ask for Petition to Leave to Appeal the Appellate Court decision or Denial to Appeal? Please help me with what the process is.

Talk to an attorney. You don't have the knowledge or skills required to pursue this.

I can't instruct you how to do it, either. It is far too complicated for this forum. We address minor legal issues. Yours is far too complex for this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back