What can I do and do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all of your input. It was never about gaining thousands of dollars..it was about regaining my good name as an employee. I don't know what kind of reference she is giving me, all I know is that the things she wrote in her termination evaluation were untrue. It makes me sick that someone can get away with this and not see a consequence. She deserves termination for her lies. I probably will not pursue a law suit, although, I will be taking her before the school board and I have written a letter to the Superintendant of that school district to inform him of what was done to me. I want her to answer for her lies.

As a note, they may not wish to discuss personnel issues in the public forum of a school board meeting. I would very surprised if they would entertain ANY such discussion.

It might be best, if this is the way you want to go, to bring it to the Superintendent first and then - maybe - to individual members of the board via correspondence or in person. You might want to consider getting the advice of counsel, however, before doing either one ... just in case.

Just to make sure it's clear, I never thought you were after thousands of dollars - what I was trying to say is that you would have to spend many thousands of dollars to take legal action (outside of working through the union) with no guarantee of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back