was i fired or did i leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfer

in sum, i gave a verbal two week notice. I decided due to the event with me being summons to court as a witness for the company. I would rather work and leave when the issue was settle. When i came to work on Monday i was already replace. My question here; i understand my verbal two weeks but why was i allow to work the day after the stated date of resignation? Does this negate the notice in any way? Just curious.............

Thanks

No, it doesn't, but I'm confused. Are you saying you worked AFTER the date you stated would be your last day? If so, why did you even go in? If not, please clarify.

No, it doesn't, but I'm confused. Are you saying you worked AFTER the date you stated would be your last day? If so, why did you even go in? If not, please clarify.

yes because i decided to stay until the court issue was settle. surpassing the original two week notice date. Therefore, we discussed a new schedule but i never receive it and nothing was ever finalized. So the old schedule was intact and I showed up to work the day after my original resignation date. At this job we work alone so if i didn't show up that day the store does not open. I hope this post is more informant than the last. I'm not looking for unemployment here but rather others opinion on the situation. Thanks.

in sum, i gave a verbal two week notice. I decided due to the event with me being summons to court as a witness for the company. I would rather work and leave when the issue was settle. When i came to work on Monday i was already replace. My question here; i understand my verbal two weeks but why was i allow to work the day after the stated date of resignation? Does this negate the notice in any way? Just curious.............

Thanks

No, you worked and they assented to your working.

There is nothing etched in stone about two week notices.

In fact, after you submit your notice, an employer could tell you that your last day is NOW!

An employer isn't obligated to allow you to work an additional two weeks.

And, you can walk out one minute into your two week notice.

The two week notice is nothing more than a courtesy offered between employee and employer.

It isn't a contract.

Bottom line, there is nothing unusual about your being allowed to work another day.

Just as there is nothing unusual regarding a two week notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back