Was fired for not being able to remove reviews from Yelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

angela0556

I was working for a small recruiting company (they recruited lawyers to various law firms, it was a small company - 3 employees) and the boss asked me to remove her bad reviews from Yelp. I was not able to achieve this, as it is against Yelp policy. After not accomplishing this request, I was given less and less work. After three days in a row of not working I contacted my boss letting her know that if this was her choice, I should have been told ahead of time that my hours would be cut and that the situation could have been handled more professionally. When I contacted her a day later to ask the status of my job, she told me that I no longer had a job because of my "insubordination (verbal abuse)." I believe I was not insubordinate, nor did I verbally abuse her (she claims that by me saying the situation could have been handled more professionally that I called her unprofessional). Basically, I think I was unfairly fired and I would like to know if I have a case against her.

An employer is not required to provide a reason for terminating you, as long as you aren't a victim of discrimination.

Therefore, it is my considered legal opinion that you have no case worthy of litigation.

File for unemployment and move on to your next opportunity!

The law does not say that you cannot be unfairly fired. It says only that you cannot be illegally fired.

While this may or may not be unfair, it was not illegal. Based on what you have posted, you have no case or claim against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back