visitation and ex wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina31545

the story is. my husband and i live in georgia. his ex wife and 6 yr old son live in kansas. hes never met his son cause hes active duty army and been over seas most of his 10 year career. they divorced with a decree in georgia giving my husband supervised visitation until the age of understanding, then every other weekend and 2 weeks every summer. were battling in court now because ga. awarded her 240 a month in child support, then she moved to colorado and set another order for 608 a month. which both amounts have been deducted from his pay for 5 years now. were getting that fixed. the problem is that yesterday she finally gave in and said if we pay to fly there and get him, that she will drive to ga to pick him up 2 weeks later. but shes very mean and trys anything to get my husband in trouble with the military. she wont sign a statement that shell pick him up from ga. were scared that if we go get him, then shell say she didnt agree to come here to pick him up. we only have enough money to go get him and in no way have the money to take him back if she decides to say we kidnapped him and she never agreed to come get him. we dont know what to do.because we will not beable to take him back, we dont want to get into any trouble. can we get into trouble if we go get him and cant take him back if she tells the law she didnt agree????? please help us, we bady want to meet him finally!!!!!

Your husband and you need to hire a lawyer to have this visitation arrangement get the court's approval. That will clear you from any legal problems in the future. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back