Violation of employment contract after only two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHaight

Hello, I wandering is someone could me on a very simple two page business agreement. Basically I was hired to run/manage a mall kiosk for 3 months. A written agreement was emailed with my commission pay, (Which at the rate i'm going is 15-20k/month for 3 months) Two weeks after we agree, now he says he received an offer to sale for $350k that he has to take. It seems like I should get a buy out or something. I'm out potentially 50k.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I wandering is someone could me on a very simple two page business agreement. Basically I was hired to run/manage a mall kiosk for 3 months. A written agreement was emailed with my commission pay, (Which at the rate i'm going is 15-20k/month for 3 months) Two weeks after we agree, now he says he received an offer to sale for $350k that he has to take. It seems like I should get a buy out or something. I'm out potentially 50k.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

If there is any help for you, it lies in a lawsuit somewhere in a TN courtroom.

I suggest you discuss the contract with some nearby attorneys.

The contract says what the contract says.

I doubt that it says anything about buying you out, but again, discuss that with a lawyer in your county.

Just because the business is being sold does not mean you are losing your job. Were you specifically told that the kiosk would close?
Why would someone buy the business just to close it?
Your contract should continue under the new ownership.

Whether the contract is part and parcel of the business and an obligation to the new owners depends on the type of sale. The OP probably does not have those details but certainly could ask the new owners if they are honoring the contract. For anything else, this is really not a message board question but a sit down with a lawyer and a copy of the contract one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back