Very, very complicated problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmm1447

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I suppose it falls under the 'Family' category.

Anyways, on to it. I'm in college now, and am still real good friends with all of the people I hung around with in high school. One of them was brought here as a minor by her parents, from a foreign country, on a tourists visa. The whole family came on tourist visa's. She was brought over when she was 9, but her tourist visa expired a few years ago. Now that she's a legal adult, she's really unsure of what is supposed to happen now. Her parents both have expired SSN's, but no green cards.

Technically, she is illegal right now, but she's a student at a university. She has no SSN. Basically what I'm trying to find out is, how can she become a legal citizen, or what precedence is there for her becoming a citizen since she was brought here as a minor?

Sounds like just another set of illegal aliens taking advantage of The United States of America to me. I say report them to Homeland Security. If you don't then you are an accomplice to a crime! On the other hand, she can probably simply go back to her own country, and apply for a student visa.

Sounds like just another set of illegal aliens taking advantage of The United States of America to me. I say report them to Homeland Security. If you don't then you are an accomplice to a crime! On the other hand, she can probably simply go back to her own country, and apply for a student visa.

Yea, because every immigrant is here taking advantage of the US. They pay the same taxes as you, moron.

Christ, get bent.

You would do well to contact an immigration attorney because she could be deported.

And, yes, people do get upset with illegal immigration - especially in the border states ... and since she has no SSN, she's not paying income taxes because she can't get a job. So, just how is the paying for her college? Is she paying full freight? Or, is she receiving aid while in college?

But, your best bet for her problem is to have her meet with an immigration attorney.

- Carl

She received a full scholarship during high school to a University, while she was still a minor, so I'm not exactly sure how that works.

The fact that she came to this country as a minor and that she is in college does not diminish the fact that she is an illegal immigrant. The best an immigration attorney is going to say is that the only way for her to legalize her situation is through sponsorship. Good Luck!

I would suggest as presutin did to contact an immigration attorney.

Since she is obviously in college/university I sure hope she is sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back