Vacation

Here is the stupid thing.... DIVORCED parents.... Mom is complaining because DAD wants to spend more time with his son... Are you kidding me??????? This is why the court system is so over loaded.... idiots can't do what is best for the child. They failed at marriage now they wish to screw their kid up as well.

Here is the stupid thing.... DIVORCED parents.... Mom is complaining because DAD wants to spend more time with his son... Are you kidding me??????? This is why the court system is so over loaded.... idiots can't do what is best for the child. They failed at marriage now they wish to screw their kid up as well.
I don't think I said that. I'm all for him spending time with his father. That's why when he asks for extra time, I always say yes. This has nothing that. My concern is COVID. I really can't afford to stay home from work with him for 2 weeks because he has to quarantine from school for going out of state. I am of course also worried about them traveling to a COVID hot spot. I don't want anything to happen to him or for him to get it and expose others. It's his dad's weekend with him. I'm in 100% agreement with that. I just didn't want him taking him on a trip without talking to me about it.

My concern is COVID.

"The evidence suggests that children are less likely to become infected, less likely to develop severe disease and less likely to transmit the virus to other children and adults," said co-author and pediatrician Dr. William Raszka Jr. of the University of Vermont School of Medicine. "It is wildly different from flu."

Swiss researchers analyzed data on 39 children younger than 16 and found that in nearly 80% of cases, the illness came from an adult in the house, according to a May study in the journal Pediatrics. Research from the Netherlands also found that the virus is mainly spread from adult family members to children.

In California, children represent a small fraction of confirmed COVID-19 cases. About 1.8% of cases are in children younger than 5 and 6.5% of cases are in people aged 5 to 17. In contrast, 33% of cases are among people between the ages of 18 and 34 years. But if children are driving the spread of the virus, we would have seen big spikes in countries where they've already returned to school, such as Germany and Denmark, experts said.

The statistical probability of elementary or middle school aged child contracting Covid is EXTREMELY low.

Set your mind at ease, because its very likely that your child will return in excellent health.

No she's not upset he wants more time - it's that he's violating the custody order THEY agreed on. I'm not sure what your issue is in some of these posts but...the idiot in this scenario is the dad not following an agreement he agreed to. He's supposed to give her 30 days notification. He didn't. He already got his total days of vacation time they agreed on (actually he got MORE vacation time than agreed on) and now he wants to take more?

You seem to have this weird agenda against mothers in these situations...you really do.

He shouldn't have agreed to this parenting plan if he didn't like it.

You really are taking this to an extreme they are "screwing up the kid." So what the mom should let her child think that rules don't matter? Let the dad think he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants? What the hell man?

"The evidence suggests that children are less likely to become infected, less likely to develop severe disease and less likely to transmit the virus to other children and adults," said co-author and pediatrician Dr. William Raszka Jr. of the University of Vermont School of Medicine. "It is wildly different from flu."

Swiss researchers analyzed data on 39 children younger than 16 and found that in nearly 80% of cases, the illness came from an adult in the house, according to a May study in the journal Pediatrics. Research from the Netherlands also found that the virus is mainly spread from adult family members to children.

In California, children represent a small fraction of confirmed COVID-19 cases. About 1.8% of cases are in children younger than 5 and 6.5% of cases are in people aged 5 to 17. In contrast, 33% of cases are among people between the ages of 18 and 34 years. But if children are driving the spread of the virus, we would have seen big spikes in countries where they've already returned to school, such as Germany and Denmark, experts said.

The statistical probability of elementary or middle school aged child contracting Covid is EXTREMELY low.

Set your mind at ease, because its very likely that your child will return in excellent health.

It doesn't matter - she said for her child's school if they go out of state, they have to quarantine for 2 weeks no matter what. So if the kid goes out of state, it's quarantining. That's how I read it.

Also - 500,000 kids have gotten in the US. Also we can't compare ourselves to other countries because other countries for the most part followed science whereas our elected representatives have not.

It doesn't matter - she said for her child's school if they go out of state, they have to quarantine for 2 weeks no matter what. So if the kid goes out of state, it's quarantining. That's how I read it.

Also - 500,000 kids have gotten in the US. Also we can't compare ourselves to other countries because other countries for the most part followed science whereas our elected representatives have not.

I am NOT a believer in what some term "science".

As an osteopathic physician by education, I was taught that practicing medicine isn't a science.
The practice of medicine, however, does use science.

Much of what physicians do also involves skills that are far outside of science's realm.

I posted that information for those folks who DO think the practice of medicine is a science.

That said, to each his/her own devices and choices.

Back