Under Investigation for every abuse imaginable!

K

Kwatt451

On July 8th 2015, Ethan went on his very first solo visit to see his Dad and his Aunt Laura, who is an out of work, unlicensed child therapist, for six weeks to Massachusetts. Sadly, Laura had contacted me the day prior saying she had a contagious infection. Rather than delay the trip, we made arrangements for Ethan to go to Uncle Mikes Wednesday night until Friday when his Dad was going to pick him up from there. Ethan was dropped off there after we had lunch at Friendly's and they dropped me back off at the airport, with his suitcase and all belongings I sent up with him. Thursday, Laura demanded to pick Ethan up so she could take him to tag sales, so of course Uncle Mike accommodated her request. Laura called me that day stating Ethan had not been bathed, fed nor was his teeth brushed; Mike and his family all deny this accusation. Ethan stayed with her until Friday when Dad picked him up from her house. Ethan had a nice visit with his father that weekend and returned to Laura on Sunday. Monday, Laura called me telling me of an incident she had with Ethan at the Mall, an incident which her friend recorded with her phone. Kevin was contacted and he went over to Laura's to view this video and to speak with Ethan. All seemed okay, Ethan was calm, so Kevin left. The following Tuesday, I saw two videos on her Facebook profile of therapy sessions she had done with Ethan that morning. These videos were of Ethan responding to her in a choice, no choice manner to comments such as "hurting the dog is okay". I was enraged to see these on the Internet as neither myself nor Kevin authorized any therapy sessions with Ethan. I commented that these were not appropriate videos and I wanted them removed. She blocked me from her Facebook page minutes after. I was called later by her in regards to another outburst he was having when she informed me the vacation was over and he needed to go home. After speaking to Ethan, calming him down and making him apologize to her for his behavior, I informed Laura I wanted him to call me after his dinner and bath so I could send him straight to bed. I called and texted multiple times to her house, her cell and to her husband Ed's cell and there was no answer to any of those calls or texts. It was not until after she dropped him at his Dads house that I received a message saying she left him with Kevin, she couldn't handle him and that she had custody making rights. Kevin and I agreed that he would be going home early and that he would be staying with Kevin until I arrived. Wednesday morning I called Laura and told her that he would be staying with his Dad and that I would be going to pick him up from Dad on Saturday so if she wanted to say goodbye to make arrangements with Kevin. We spoke of what possible reasons he would acted out like that, she told me then that Ethan had been constipated since Saturday. Later that day I received a call from Kevin saying that Laura claimed to have seen a puss bubble on his rectum and that when he googled it the only options were Anal Sex or Constipation. I told Kevin that Laura said that morning that Ethan had not pooped since Saturday, she never informed Kevin of this. Later, Kevin texted me saying she demanded he take him to the ER for an Exam so Kevin checked him and found nothing, not so much as inflammation or a scratch. After lengthy discussion and our determination that she was attempting to steal custody of Ethan, Kevin and I decided that Ethan needed to come home immediately since Laura has friends in DCF and other high ranking officials. At this time, Kevin began receiving text messages from Laura threatening kidnapping charges if he did not take him to the ER. So, he led her to believe that he was considering it. This is about when she told him that Ethan had mounted her in a sexual manner during his time with her. None of these so called concerns were ever raised until I said I was coming to get him. Meanwhile, I got a ticket for the next flight out to arrive in Hartford at 11:45 am the next morning. Upon arriving at the airport Thursday morning, where Kevin and Ethan were already waiting, I was informed that Laura had told Kevin that I said I was going to point the finger at him for the abuse. Clearly that was a lie, since to this point Laura had still not mentioned any concerns of neglect or abuse to me and since I know full well that no abuse had taken place. While waiting for the plane to depart to return home, Kevin received a call from his mother stating Laura was at his house causing her stress and he received texts from Laura threatening Kevin with the police again. I wrote him a letter for the police that Ethan was in my custody and Kevin in no way kidnapped his son and they were welcome to send a Polk County Sheriff Officer to my home to verify that he was home with me. When Kevin had arrived at his home, the police were pulling in. Kevin assumed it was for the kidnapping issue but was informed it was a call that they received from a DCF worker stating there was concern for neglect of Ethan in Kevin's home, later the police returned to address a second complaint of neglect. That night I received a message from an aunt stating that Laura was pointing the finger at my friend Jim for this, Jim was never left alone with Ethan, not ever for even one minute. Friday, Florida DCF arrived at our home here in Florida with the Polk County Sheriff Department Officer to inquire about the complaint; we believed to be only a sexual abuse accusation. I informed them that he was seeing his doctor that afternoon and she was welcome to that summary report and all of his records, as I signed the release form. I explained the situation to them at that time. They questioned him and photographed him. He went to be examined that day at 4:20 and this was the most embarrassing and demeaning thing I ever had to put him through. It was intrusive and invasive and disgusting and I felt like it was my fault for letting him go on this vacation and for trusting her because this is now the 5th child she has attempted to steal custody of from our family. The exam showed no signs of trauma or any other abuse. However, we did do pinworm paddles which have come back negative and are now doing additional steps to ensure he has improved hygiene. While awaiting a decision for a restraining order I was called by Kristina Allen Monday, a social worker at Massachusetts DCF, she informed me that the complaint was filed Thursday there and that she transferred it to Florida but she called because she was very confused at the gravity of the extremely lengthy accusations. During this discussion, I was informed that the accuser (Laura) claimed Ethan arrived to the airport smelling of feces, in dirty clothes, malnourished showing signs of mental and physical abuse and neglect. Any video survelience cameras there would prove otherwise. I was told that she claimed to have seen a puss bubble on his rectum and other behavioral signs of sexual abuse. I was told that she stated she was not allowed by neither me nor his father to bring him to the ER for an exam. I informed this worker that I am 1200 miles away, that his father had no car and that she had him in her possession with guardianship papers which included medical privileges in her possession, so how could we have stopped her and that she is a mandated reporter so no one can really prevent her for doing what she felt was necessary. The worker informed me that I was being accused of neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse and sexual abuse. I also informed her of the illegal therapy sessions and videos posted to the internet. She suggested that I press charges against her for everything. The restraining order hearing was scheduled and she will be served to appear. Since I saw Ethan Thursday at the airport he has been very affectionate, which is not usual for him, he has always been a little unable to express his emotions properly since he has Autism. He has been virtually attached to my hip, telling me he loves me many times a day. He has not been willing to sleep in his own bed, he has been scared that someone will take him away from me and sad that his Aunty Laura told him that Mommy didn't love him and was a bad mother. Ethan has been displaying signs of trauma which is understandable due to what her lies are putting him through. I called the DCF worker here on Tuesday to find out what was going on but she was very short, barely answered any of my questions but then informed me they had 60 days to do the investigation but that they would only close it when Polk County Sheriffs Department closes their investigation.

Whats worse is that we moved to Florida last year because Ethans school was fighting me about ESE services and his teachers were physically assaulting him. When I filed complaints to everyone I could, they filed reports to DCF first for neglect, then for abuse and both were unsupported. Then after a very infuriating conversation with the director of DCF they opened a case against me based on "CONCERN" which was closed "due to relocation of the child to florida". I am terrified that they will see this as a pattern and take my son away from me in order to ensure his safety when he is not in any danger at all.

I am a full time Criminal Justice Student and have only one semester before I receive my Bachelors Degree. I actually had an interview in Pinellas County scheduled for yesterday which I had to cancel because of this situation. My only source of income is Ethans SSI and child Support. I have not been able to find a job here that would work with his school hours since he has been in a short day ESE school. I cannot find an attorney to represent him since clearly I cannot speak for him if I am the suspect and his father resides in Massachusetts. I am requesting a formal investigation by the Board of Licensure in Massachusetts in regards to the videos she made and posted. I have called Volunteer Legal Services and Legal Aid and can still not get any help for him or for myself. I have never abused my son in any manner, I never would, I dont even use spanking as a typical form of punishment. I use removal of his games or time outs. If someone looked into her filed complaints with DCF in Massachusetts they would see how many times she has made false reports to DCF in Massachusetts on her own family that were all unsupported but no one wants to do that. This woman is devastating my family and jeopardizing my education and our future. We desperately need help!!

Your child's SSI and his child support shouldn't be your ONLY source of income.
Parents eagerly work to provide for and support their child(ren).
Parents shouldn't be surviving off of child support and SSI benefits alone.
Your admission to the contrary is but one of many problems you are creating for yourself (and your child).

If you are charged with a crime, you simply plead not guilty, make no statements, offer no explanations, and request the court appoint a public defender to represent you.

If the child services investigation becomes accusatory or adversarial, you can request the court appoint to appoint you a lawyer to protect your parental interests and rights.

You can also request a guardian ad litem (a lawyer to protect your child's legal rights only) be appointed for your child.

The proceedings will be bifurcated, meaning heard as two separate matters.

Whatever you do, don't offer lengthy explanations, such as you did here, that only reinforce your appearance of guilt.
Bottom line, its never a good idea to attempt to explain.
In these kinds of proceedings, explanations are useless attempts to disprove a negative.
Trust me, no one can prove or disprove a negative, unless its in the area of mathematics.

Take a deep breath, think about what transpired over the last three to six months, and see if you can understand what caused these bombs to be dropped on your life.

Last edited:
Please use paragraphs and leave out all the extraneous details. I tis very hard to read a big block of text with a lot of information which has no bearing at all on what happened.

Back