unborn daughter's last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eenie23

Im 24, pregnant and the father of my unborn daughter has recently decided he does not want to be a part of her life.

my mother's boyfriend (of 15 years) is like a father to me and i would love to give my daughter his last name. My mother and this man are not married and I was never legally adopted by him.

Can I give my daughter the last name of my mother's boyfriend?

Where are you? Some places allow you to give the child any surname you wish. Others require you to give it your surname.

You can probably give the baby any last name you want but giving this child the name of your moms boyfriend is going to cause confusion especially since they ar not married and you do not have this mans last name. I wouldn't do it. Also if momn and this guy have a nasty breakup you are stuck with the last name and even then you would need the bio dads permission to change it again.

my last name is my bio father's and we don't get along. my "step-father" has been my dad since i was 9 years old. he and my mother never got married b/c it's just not something they feel is necessary to do. they have lived together and been together for over 15 years and recently built a house together. he's not going anywhere!

He's "not" your Step Father hes your Mother's boyfriend thats it! You can proably name your child Obama if you want to but like I said this can have pitfalls. What you could do is change you rname legally to your Mother's or even her boyfriends then give child that name

my last name is my bio father's and we don't get along. my "step-father" has been my dad since i was 9 years old. he and my mother never got married b/c it's just not something they feel is necessary to do. they have lived together and been together for over 15 years and recently built a house together. he's not going anywhere!

You can name your child anything (within reason) that you want. But if the father file for a name change it will likely be granted.

I agree, you can plan on having your baby's father fight this. He can tell you right now he does not want involvement but he can always change his mind after the baby is born. This man you want to name the baby after is of no legal relation to you or the baby.

why not..

why not change your last name to your mothers BF's last name, then your child will also have your last name and his? plus you wont have to consumt biodad, i dont think.

Can I change my last name with out my "step-father" legally adopting me? mind you im 24.

How do I go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back