Totalled car and had life endangered due to lightless hayride

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertV

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina, Guilford County

I was driving, going under the speed limit around 45, came up over a hill and had no option but to slam into a tractor pulling children on a hayride going 10mph with NO BACK LIGHTING at 8pm! I couldn't see them until I was right up on them and there was a truck coming the opposite direction, therefore I couldn't swerve to evade, I had to hit the hayride. I am not facing charges, the driver of the tractor is. However, I believe I'm undergoing major emotion distress, as 6 children were injured and one is in serious condition. My car is totaled. When I hit the hayride and was sent into the opposite lane I was struck again on my drivers side by a large truck. I can't sleep. I'm never hungry, and forcing down food is hard to do. Along with massive amounts of angry parents and everything else that is just killing me on the inside and ruining my life as they somehow believe the blame is on me! I'm not worried about facing charges, because I was not at fault, but I am worried about my current emotion situation. I got a total of 3 hours of sleep last night. I want to be compensated for my personal horrors and emotion distress that is keeping me from living my normal life from the driver of the hayride, of course, that neglected to have the proper lighting that caused this entire mess. How should I go about things? Where do I start? Thank you very much.

Talk to a personal injury lawyer. If you can prove the hayride operator was negligent, you might have a claim for damages for emotional distress. Some of your personal horrors, however - like the stress from the reactions of the parents - are not the fault of the hayride operator and probably are not compensable.

Have you received a copy of the traffic collision report? Who did they put at fault? I know you said the driver of the tractor is "facing charges" but you are not. If you have the traffic report, did it state anything about you having any precentage of fault for the accident? Let me know and I can go into further detail in answering questions for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back