The HR management refuses to reply or give me the signed documents i ask for after leaving

universecloud

They aren't replying and i swear they are doing it on purpose. Is there anything i can do ?

I want to sue the company but i need to check details of the offer of employement and other such documents before i can proceed but they are out right not replying on purpose.

What state are you in? It makes a difference as to whether they have to respond to you at all, and if they do, what documents they have to provide and whether they have to allow you copies or just to view them.

What state are you in? It makes a difference as to whether they have to respond to you at all, and if they do, what documents they have to provide and whether they have to allow you copies or just to view them.
I want to view them incase i can use them as evidence. its all happening in Ontario canada.

Sorry, this board is primarily for US law and the laws in Canada are not the same as those in the US.

I want to view them incase i can use them as evidence. its all happening in Ontario canada.

Here's a guide to Canada's Employment Standards Act:

Your guide to the Employment Standards Act: Record keeping | Ontario.ca

Here's the full text of the law. Records is Part VI.

SO 2000, c 41 | Employment Standards Act, 2000 | CanLII

Of note:

"Availability - 16 An employer shall ensure that all of the records and documents required to be retained undersections 15 and 15.1 are readily available for inspection as required by an employment standards officer, even if the employer has arranged for another person to retain them."

Which seems to tell me that an employer might not be obligated to release records to a former employee. If there is any law to the contrary you'll have to find it.

Try sending a written request to the owner, President, CEO (whoever). If not forthcoming, perhaps file a complaint with an "employment standards officer" (whatever and wherever that is). Or, file your lawsuit and obtain the documents during Discovery.

Now, just out of curiosity, why do you want to sue and what documents do you want that you think might help you?

More importantly, why didn't you keep copies of the documents when you had them in your hands?

Mobile phones and tablets are equipped with cameras.

That camera can be used to take a picture of documents.

Heck, that camera can even record voices and the actions of other human beings.

They aren't replying

Aren't replying to what?

refuses to reply or give me the signed documents i ask for

What documents?

Is there anything i can do ?

I'm sure there are dozens -- maybe hundreds -- of things you can do.

after leaving

So...this is your former employer?

I want to sue the company

For what?

but i need to check details of the offer of employement

Why don't you have a copy of this offer (that presumably was made to you before you went to work there)?

they are out right not replying on purpose.

If these folks have any inkling that you're looking to sue, I don't blame them.

I want to view them incase i can use them as evidence.

If you sue, you'll have the ability to acquire all relevant documents by the discovery process.

If you think you have a basis to sue for something, seek out a consultation with a local attorney.

Back