Termination due to health

Status
Not open for further replies.

je829

i was an employee at TD Bank from August 2009 until October 2009. I was terminated due to me not being able to come in to work because I had surgery two days prior and i attempted to go to work but i was physically unable to even get dressed.The doctor said before i called out that i would not be able to work this weekend and would be able to provide a note but it was already too late. The doctor that performed the surgery stated that if i would have waited until i had earned paid time off which would have been in late november early december I would have to stay in the hospital for two weeks because the condition would have gotten a lot worse than it already was. At this point in time at TD I was not working with my own money drawer after one month and still was not even clocking in and out of work I wrote my times on a piece of paper and instead of teaching me their new system that they had just input. They had me doing busy work instead. After I was terminated, the manager had told an employee that she would not rehire me because she did not like me. Do I have any sort of case against them?

No, because what you learned is nothing more than hearsay.

Besides, you were an employee at will.

You could be fired for any reason that didn't violate the rights of protected classes of people or general employment laws.

There is nothing unusual about a new employee being terminated.

Good luck in your job hunt.

I also hope your health has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back