temporary child support in FL???

Status
Not open for further replies.

singlemotherof2

Id like to file a motion for temporary child support. Forms avbl through the court are for married couples or if there are no cases pending pertaining to paternity (in my case there is). Is there a way to get around this? If so, what form or motion should I file? I tried to contact the Child Support Enforcement Agency but could not get through. No forms for temporary child support is listed on their website only an application for full enforcement which does not apply in my case due to pending paternity/child custody. Suggestions???

You can't get temporary child support until paternity has been established and then PERMANENT CHILD support will be established. You don't need temporary, its going to happen very soon.

Id like to file a motion for temporary child support. Forms avbl through the court are for married couples or if there are no cases pending pertaining to paternity (in my case there is). Is there a way to get around this? If so, what form or motion should I file? I tried to contact the Child Support Enforcement Agency but could not get through. No forms for temporary child support is listed on their website only an application for full enforcement which does not apply in my case due to pending paternity/child custody. Suggestions???

I'm sorry I don't know the answer; however, I wonder if you're expecting the CSE to order support from someone who hasn't even been declared the father. If that's the case, I think not.

In your particular case he is declaring his paternity and has provided a DNA report to boot. You have accepted that he is the father. You could motion that a minimum of temporary child support be ordered I suppose but I don't know that it will be that long till the permanent order is done.

Being that I have the DNA results, I was wondering if I could make the request when I go to court for the contempt motion I filed since the motion states "Motion for Contempt/Enforcement"....it doesnt hurt to try.....

I doubt that you'll ever voluntarily get a penny from that deadbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back