Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny

My ex-wife has given me temporary custody of my two younger children, she has asked that I still pay her support for the next 6 months or no deal, of coarse I said yes I wanted my kids with me. Now she is taking me back to court because I was late a few times on support to pay her legal fees. She also gave up custody of the two older boys last year which she let me drop the support for them but pays me nothing for them. I even had the two older boys live with me the first year after our divorce and paid her support for all 4 kids. The only thing she pays right now for 4 kids is the health insurance on the kids because she is an RN and has it through her work. If we go to court I want to ask the courts for support from her since she makes a nice income but pays nothing and still is asking for support even though no one lives with her. Can I get the support back I paid when they did not live with her. Your advice please. What are my chances?

Do you have any court order giving you temp custody? If not then file for it. She is obligated to pay support for her kids. Stop listening to her threats and intimidations. Keep records of everything, if you actually have an email saying she still wants support even though you have the kids, the judge is not going to like that request from her.

You are entitled to child support, that also must be filed.

Do you have an attorney?

Who says you have to pay her legal fees? Unless it was court ordered stop doing it, same with the support. If the court order gave her custody and a child support order, you need to file to stop the CS. If you are paying it voluntarily then stop. You should not be paying her support if you have the kids, until you get the court order changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back