Son is in trouble again

Status
Not open for further replies.

heli123

My son has found himself back in trouble again. It didn't take long. His mother informed me that he has been to jail 2 x as of lately once for underage drinking and another for snorting bath salts and going to ER. She did not call to let me know about either instance until yesterday. She is ordered to go to court for both incidents....will I need to appear in court too since his mother is the custodial parent? Can court order him to go to rehab? I think he has a drinking and drug problem, but don't know for sure since neither he or his mother take my calls or answer the door when I go to see him.

If you want the truth, you'd be wise to appear at his court hearing. That way, you could speak directly to his lawyer
and the prosecutor in an effort to obtain the truth about his legal difficulties.

If you weren't notified by authorities, your appearance is likely not to be mandated.

You betcha he has some problems. Sniffing bath salts, damn!!!

Last edited:
Get involved any way you can before its to late for your son. You may not be ordered to court but can go. A personal question, do you have any type of custody/visitation rights? Good luck.

Well he is in jail again today. MIP and blew a .14 breathalyzer. His Mom can't figure out how this happened....he parties all night has no job, no rules and lives in her basement. Now that he has three court dates for underage drinking and police have a zero tolerance policy with him does anyone know if he will go to jail. He has to sit until he is sober and then it is $40 to get him out....what if no one pays the $40 to get him out? I don't want to pay $40 to get him out and continue on the same path with his mother. He would not live with me as he is old enough to decide now. He also has two court dates this week.

Last edited:
Who told you your son was old enough to decide where he wants to live?

How old is your son?

Hi,

He is 17 years old. Will be 18 in October. I have been told this by Friend of the Court and Law enforcement. Supposedly in Michigan you are considered adult enough to go to jail for crimes once you are 17, but not completely an adult. Don't know if that makes sense....doesn't make alot of sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back