So I still have custody rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2know

I got a divorce in 2002, in which I was giving full custody of my son with his father having visitation rights. In 2007, I allowed my son to go and live with his father, however, I know would like for my son to come home now. Do I still have my rights? Note: We now both live in two diffent states from the divorce was granted? Thank you, 2know

Was there ever a modification to the custody order that granted you full physical custody? If not, I am pretty sure it would still hold true. If so, you would have to petition to modify the order back to you having physical custody and let a judge decide if it shall be or not.

If the court order still gives you custody technicallty you could probably go get him but after 3 years that might not be a good idea. How old is the child? Dad can also file for emergency custody.

I got a divorce in 2002, in which I was giving full custody of my son with his father having visitation rights. In 2007, I allowed my son to go and live with his father, however, I know would like for my son to come home now. Do I still have my rights? Note: We now both live in two diffent states from the divorce was granted? Thank you, 2know

Dad has "Status Quo" on his side.

Who moved from the original state? How old is this child? Why do you wish to now have placement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back