signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

coralreeph

I am wondering if in the past I have allowed or asked an employee to sign documents for me on multiple occassions, can I enforce any type of fraud litigation against them if they do so with(1) or without(2) my knowing??

coralreeph said:
I am wondering if in the past I have allowed or asked an employee to sign documents for me on multiple occassions, can I enforce any type of fraud litigation against them if they do so with(1) or without(2) my knowing??

It all depends upon what was signed. Your actions may have dictated that they could sign for you. It happens all the time in business and you'd have a difficult time proving fraud in the instance where the employees didn't really stand to gain from doing so. Everything depends upon the context and specific facts.

Note that if your employee signed on your behalf the agreements can be enforceable against your company if the employee had the actual (explicit right) or implied authority to sign. If your employee had done this several times in the past and you never said anything to the contrary, that might be an instance where the employee had apparent authority. You had best look at what has been signed the past few months and think about how this could have been allowed to happen...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back